International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofits organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The Compliance Manager will work closely with the Regional Compliance Coordinator in coordinating and leading the entire compliance review work, provide technical support and supervise and review the compliance review work under her/his supervision. Moreover, the Compliance Manager is expected to provide guidance and facilitate the compliance review engagement under, field offices, partner organizations and country office departments assigned to him/her.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible in providing professional advice on preventive, detective and corrective internal control and organizational risk management to respective field, and country office management. S/he is responsible to supervise compliance officers.
Field Compliance is independent of all country program management and the Compliance Manager is expected to maintain a professional and ethical demeanor beyond reproach and to always protect confidentiality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Develop a compliance review plan with the Compliance Officer/s.
- Design compliance review engagement schedule.
- Review samples prepared by the compliance officers before the compliance review execution starts and, receive approval from Regional Compliance Coordinator for compliance review executed by him/her.
- Assist management to effectively identify, document and mitigate compliance risks associated with program and operations activities.
- Ensure Compliance Officers are following up on the developed Issue Log for management agreed upon action plan that includes compliance, internal and external audit recommendations to track their timely implementation.
- Perform and supervise the Compliance Officer/s under his supervision on compliance review procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques with proper standard compliance review working papers and/or other suitable mechanism
- Prepares timely compliance review reports based on the standard template and review the assignment conducted by compliance Officers prior to submission to the Regional Compliance Coordinator.
- Build and develop the capacity of the compliance officers through the use of effective training, on job coaching, performance management frameworks and development plan.
- Exemplify the role model behavior when it comes to ethics and organizational values.
- In the absence of Compliance Officer/s conduct all types of standard compliance review areas as per Compliance Charter.
- Communicate periodically with management in order to verify progress made with regards to the internal and external audit recommendations.
- Assist in investigations upon request and approval of the Regional Compliance Coordinator.
- Any other task as required by the Regional Compliance Coordinator and the Global Director of Field Compliance.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration and/or Audit. A CIA, CPA or CRM is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Strong knowledge of the different types of instruments (Grants, Contracts, sub-awards, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of various business controls (HR, Finance, Procurement, Logs, I.T, Program)
- Solid experience with various donor rules and regulations such as DFID, USAID, ECHO etc.
- Strong time management and follow up skills.
- Strong team management and leadership skills.
- Solid experience in Audit, Risk and/or Compliance.
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point.
Equal Opportunities International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.