2. Monitoring and Evaluation Certificate Course
Overall Course Objective: To Increase your project monitoring and evaluation skills for effective and successful project implementation while expanding your career opportunities.
Overall Course Outcome:
This online and distance learning certificate -level course from Capacity Africa Institute is a comprehensive review of Monitoring and Evaluation as an important ingredient for effective project implementation .The monitoring and evaluation course will introduce learners to tools and techniques to measure and report project/programme results to your stakeholders, including donors, funders, supervisors or the general public. At the end of the course, participants will become familiar with the components of an effective monitoring and evaluation plan, and methods and tools to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting.
The course will enable you to prepare the ground for undertaking monitoring and evaluation and analysing the results. Results Based Monitoring and Evaluation will also help participants understand the key components for effective M&E in order to improve management performance and evidenced based decision making.
Who Should Participate?
Professionals such as Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, Program Officers, Project managers and other professionals who are involved in the monitoring and evaluation process will benefit from this course…
• Introduction to monitoring and evaluation terms and concepts
• Difference between monitoring and evaluation
• The need for monitoring and evaluation in development projects
• Monitoring in all process of the project cycle
• Types of indicators and Identifying outcome indicators for your project
Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
• Types of Frameworks
• Role of in Monitoring and Evaluation planning
Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
• Describe the functions of an M&E plan
• Describe the main elements of an M&E plan
• Define standards for an M&E plan
• Describe some of the complexities of M &E plan
• Provide an overview of M&E plan implementation modalities
Data Collection, Capture, and Data Quality Checks
• Identify types of data collection tools
• Identify type of tools at each M &E level
• Define data capture
• Identify key steps in data capture
• Define data quality
• Quantitative methods
• Qualitative methods
Data Analysis, Interpretation and Reporting
• Role of data analysis in monitoring and evaluation
• Types of data analysis
• Interpretation of data
• Deciding which reporting methods to use
• Writing an effective M/E report
• Communication of M&E findings for action and accountability
• All materials are made available through Online or Distance
• Approximately 5-6 hours time commitment of your time per week
• At your own time schedule, no live participation needed
• Weekly feedback from committed instructors
• Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically to earn certificate of completion Computing Requirements:
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs, PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the right alternative for you.
Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks .
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 4 Weeks – 8 to 10 hours per week
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $ 500 (April Promotional Offer!!!)
ORGANISERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT:firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to the course start date, selected participants will receive, via email, an official invitation letter along with instructions on how to pay for the course. Course log on instructions will be emailed to you on the day the course is scheduled to begin.
Participants must submit three assignments before certification.
Training Package offers Value for the Money. Training will be moderated by professional with hands on skills and great wealth of Experience…
Kindly confirm your participation with: