Senior Grants Administrator USAID Solutions for Peace and Recovery, Goma, DRC
Organization: Management Systems International
Senior Grants Administrator
USAID Solutions for Peace and Recovery,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website atwww.msiworldwide.com.
The goal of the Solutions for Peace and Recovery (SPR) program, implemented in eastern DRC (North Kivu and South Kivu), is to increase social cohesion through inclusion of women and marginalized groups in community-based conflict analysis, prevention, resolution, and recovery. SPR provides USAID/DRC with the ability to respond to dynamic, time-sensitive, and/or unique opportunities to reinforce peace and prevent or assist in the recovery from conflict in areas that are strategically important to the stability of eastern DRC.
The Senior Grants Administrator, based in Goma, North Kivu, is responsible for the overall coordination, management and oversight of USAIDs SPR grants program. In this capacity, the Senior Grants Administrator will coordinate the grants program at a high level and directly supervise a team of grants managers and grants assistants to ensure smooth grant administration and oversight. S/he will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party, Operations (DCOP Ops).
- Provide day-to-day management and coordination of all aspects of the grants process, including the design and distribution of grant solicitations, review and selection of grantees, issuance of grant awards and agreements, oversight of the grant administration and milestones certification, and closeout of awards compliant with USAID regulations
- Directly supervise and manage the grants team to ensure smooth and compliant implementation of the SPR grants program
- Develop improved systems for grantee oversight and administration and train up grants and programs staff in their implementation
- Work with Grants team, DCOP Ops, COP and Home Office team as needed to remove any bottlenecks or hindrances encountered by grantees as a result of required administrative procedures.
- Ensure full compliance with the policies, practices and procedures relating to all aspects of Grants Under Contract (GUC) management, including specific procedures for grant development, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and closeout
- Support the grants team to draft grant agreements, modifications and amendments as needed
- Develop and implement a capacity building plan for SPR grants team
- Develop and oversee grantee capacity building efforts
- Ensure grants tracking database remains up-to-date and provide expertise to solve any reporting or documentation challenges faced by grants team or grantees
- Closely track grant program expenditures and regularly report out updates to field and MSI home office teams
- Ensure that systems are in place to detect any administrative and financial irregularities in grantee implementation, prepare regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation to the DCOP Op, COP, Senior Program and M&E team.
- Serve as the principal author of an USAIDs SPR grantee page for the USAIDs SPR newsletter
- Work alongside with Program leads to develop new solicitations that support SPR objectives
- Participate in technical review committees for grants as required.
- Notify project leadership of any non-compliant grantees or of any grantees unable to meet their obligations and work to remedy these situations as they arise, including through suspension or premature closure of the grant
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated expertise in developing and managing grant program activities in partnership with CSOs under a USAID-funded project
- Bachelors degree in business administration, management or related field; Masters degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in providing training in grants management
- Experience managing and coordinating GUCs in compliance with donor regulations required
- Experience supervising financial, administrative, and operational procedures on USAID projects required
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Strong knowledge of Congolese civil society organizational administrative and management systems is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent budgeting and tracking skills required
- Fluency in French and English preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website,www.msiworldwide.com