The FHI 360-led “USAID HIV Support in Papua New Guinea” Project has made significant progress toward the ambitious UNAIDS’ 95:95:95 targets. However, program data shows that a significant number of PLHIV who start antiretroviral treatment (ART) ultimately drop out of care and are lost-to-follow up (LTFU) limiting the client- and population-level benefits of such services. Because of this, the project is implementing a package of interventions to address LTFU and help retain clients on uninterrupted ART, which includes a root cause analysis (RCA) to better understand factors contributing to LTFU among PLHIV on ART followed by subsequent program modification and improvement to respond to findings.
A protocol is under development to enhance understanding of the reasons why clients drop out of the HIV treatment program, results of which will be used to help refine client centered strategies and introduce innovations to address these factors and retain clients on lifelong treatment. There will be two components of this, including a qualitative assessment, to be led by an international consultant.
Consultant Scope of Work
- Lead a qualitative study to explore factors contributing to ART patient loss to follow-up (LTFU) in PNG.
- Help develop and finalize the draft study protocol, data collection tools and informed consent forms for submission to FHI 360’s IRB along with PNG ethical review boards. (timeline – October- November 2020 with IRB submission in November 2020)
- Remotely train data collectors to collect data, take notes and record interviews (timeline – once IRB approval secured. Approximately December 2020)
- Check interview transcripts written by data collectors and work with data collection team to ensure these are complete (train in transcription, as needed) (timeline – approx. January- February 2021)
- Create a code book and conduct data analysis (timeline – approx. February- 2021)
- Produce a study report of findings, including a discussion/recommendations section (timeline – approximately February-March 2021)
- Qualitative study protocol, data collection tools and informed consent
- Written notes (in English) summarizing interview findings
- Study report of findings including discussion/recommendations
- Technical assistance will be provided remotely.
Period of Contract:
- October 2020 – March 2021
How to apply
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter with proposed daily rate via email to HR.Thailand@fhi360.org
Application deadline is October 17, 2020, 5.00 PM ICT