Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Suisse (VSF Suisse), MCK Building, Muthangari Road, Off Gitanga Road, P. O. Box 25656, 00603 Nairobi, Kenya E mail: Office.Nairobi@vsf-suisse.org
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Suisse (VSF-Suisse), www.vsf-suisse.org is a politically and religiously neutral humanitarian organization focusing on preventing and alleviating suffering, disease and hunger, and contributing to socio-economic development and sustainable environment, in areas where livestock, agriculture and related issues play, or could play an important role in peoples’ livelihoods, food and nutrition security and resilience. VSF-Suisse works both in humanitarian aid and in long-term development in seven countries of West and East Africa.
One exciting position has arisen in our Kenya/Somalia Programme. Compensation will be aligned with the VSF-Suisse rates for the respective positions. These roles require applicants to have the right to work in Kenya, where the position will be based.
We look forward to receiving your application(s) in English. Please add:
• Motivation Letter (maximum one page) stating why you are the right person for this position
• A recent CV of 2 pages maximum
• Scanned copies of your work certificates and relevant academic certificates
• Scanned copy of National ID/Passport
• Names of three referees and their contact details.
FIELD OFFICER (1 POST)
Duty Station: The post will be 100 % field based in Samburu County
Reporting to: Project Officer Expected Start Date: 01 November 2020 Duration: One (1) year but will be subject to annual contracts based on acceptable performance
Overall Responsibilities: The position holder will support the activity implementation in order to realize the objectives of the European Commission co-funded project “Building Drought Resilience in Isiolo County through Sustainable Livelihoods”, currently under implementation in Samburu East Sub-County. S/he will work under the direct instructions, guidance and supervision of the Project Officer, and in liaison and close collaboration with all other team leaders/ members in the programme in the discharge of the functions s/he is responsible for. Key Responsibilities: In consultation with the immediate Supervisor, the position holder is responsible for implementation of VSF Suisse Project(s) activities:
• Identify, select and verify project sites and beneficiaries for project implementation.
• Community mobilization and awareness creation for project implementation as per selected project site(s);
• Facilitate community meetings, dialogues and formation of community focal point or community committees;
• Translate in local language during community meetings; dialogues and other community sessions;
• Carry out surveys for baseline and end-line in close collaboration with immediate supervisor
• Carry out monitoring and supervisory functions of the project(s) on a periodic basis;
• Provide a chronological activity reports of the project
• Represent VSF Suisse in forum and meetings as instructed by the immediate supervisor;
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
• Degree/Diploma in Animal Health/ Production/Agriculture/Natural resources management/Social work
• Holders of Certificate in Business Administration or Logistics/Procurement Supplies will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years NGO work experience working in agro-pastoral communities
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, interpersonal relations, and conflict resolution abilities,
• Excellent computer skills and demonstrable track record of managing a successful team
• Ability to work in multicultural team and strict adherence to rules, regulations and guidelines
• Experience in carrying out assessments, baseline surveys, monitoring and community participatory evaluation exercises
• Experience in the implementation of Rural Development Projects.
• Good facilitation skills and ability to conduct community level workshops/seminars;
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Person of integrity –honesty and good moral standing
How to apply
Send your application by e-mail to Office.Nairobi@vsf-suisse.org by Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 5:00 PM East Africa Time. The application e-mail should indicate on the subject line the Job Title. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Interviews are planned between 26 and 27 October in the VSF-Suisse Isiolo Field Office.