The Day After is a Syrian-led organization that works for democratic transition in Syria. TDA works with its partners among Syrian CSOs and international human rights’ organizations to influence Syrian and non-Syrian stakeholders for the favor of the democratic transition and to keep transitional justice and accountability as a high priority during transition.
TDA will soon begin implementation of a new project, “Enhancing Civil Cohesion and Accountability (ECCA) aims to strengthen and stabilize civil society in Syria towards the goal of contributing to a society that is better equipped to address the challenges of transition, accountability, and reconciliation. ECCA will achieve this by empowering victims of human rights violations, strengthening the capacities of civil society and community-based organizations, engaging Syrian youth in civic participation, and creating opportunities for collaboration and dialogue between community members.
In this context, TDA seeks full-time consultant to fill the position of professional project coordinator at its head office in Istanbul for a period of 12 months.
.Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for all project coordination.
- Supervise all project activities and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track.
- Participate in project design meetings and propose improvements if necessary.
- Work closely with the project manager to create comprehensive action plans concerning resources, budget, and timeframe for the project.
- Setting up meetings and agenda.
- Assist the program manager by overall management of the program.
- Follow up on all the activities inside the country.
- Collect data and prepare reports to the manager.
- Coordination with partners and stakeholders.
- Any other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the project objectives.
Skills and Qualification:
- University degree in the relevant field
- Arabic language is a must.
- A minimum of 3 years working with civil organizations on large projects and strategic work planning processes.
- Good multi-culture and interpersonal skills will experience in networking with local and international partners.
- Knowledge of the political and human rights situation in Syria.
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage complex project work.
- Experience in report writing of project in both Arabic and English
- Proven ability to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner.
- Strong ability to communicate in English and Arabic.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position to email@example.com, Please state the job title in the subject line: Project Coordinator