MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. TECHNICAL SUPPORT 50%
- Provide leadership, technical guidance, coordination and monitoring/evaluation of gender and GBV related activities for HIV/AIDS/TB activities to HPN and USAID /Kenya mission as needed.
- · Provide strategic guidance and technical assistance to integrate gender GBV prevention and intervention into HIV/AIDS and TB activities.
- · Work closely with the mission Gender Specialist, HIV/AIDS and TB team, other PEPFAR technical teams within HPN to develop and roll-out gender GBV related guidelines and standards.
- · Participate in the PEPFAR prevention technical working group and the mission gender working group as well as liaise with headquarters GBV team. Review workplans, quarterly, and annual report across HIV/AIDS and TB mechanisms to monitor compliance with gender and GBV integration, gives technical assistance to implementing partners in assessing the strength of their approach to gender mainstreaming across the program cycle.
- · Participate as the HIV/AIDS and TB gender representative in national-level technical, programmatic, and policy meetings and in consultations with other donor, government officials, and implementing partners (IPs).
- Participate actively in internal and external strategy discussions, including active engagement across sector at the Mission, as an expert resource on gender and GBV.Keep abreast of and analyze epidemiology, health, economic, political and other health trends relating to gender/GBV and health/HIV and keep HIV/AIDS team informed.
- · Advocate for integrated gender and GBV programs in portfolio reviews in order to ensure that USAID/Kenya programs contributes to relevant health Project Appraisal Document (PAD) and Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) goals.
- · Monitor and assist in data calls from a variety of sources (USAID, other USG agencies and stakeholders, other donor and the GOK) for information on various USAID initiatives, activities and reports on the HPN with significant gender content, including but not limited to the annual performance plan and report, the Operation Plan, and USAID and USG Gender policies and strategies.
- · Collaborate closely with technical team to develop and maintain comprehensive database at the HPN level on USAID program that integrate gender, maintain updated gender-disaggregated data, and develop and maintain gender-related factsheets for distribution inside and outside of the Mission.Participate in the Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) communities of practice with the aim of sharing gender and GBV integration within health and other Mission offices. Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, analysis and learning at the project and DO levels.Work closely with the Strategic Information (SI) team in the HPN office and the Mission in Monitoring Evaluating and Learning (MEL) team. Advise on appropriate gender sensitive indicators in the performance measurement framework and support colleagues in the monitoring and reporting of program results/outputs and objective on agreed upon indicators.
- Work to best facilitate knowledge management through an exchange of technical information and ideas, to collaborate on cross cutting issues, provide effective collaboration among actors in HIV/AIDS and HPN to promote program/project synergies.
2. PROGRAM MANAGEMENT – 35%
- · Provide technical assistance in capacity building, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation to key USAID governmental and non-governmental partners, to ensure that they develop measurable plans and objective for implementation of innovative gender and GBV projects.
- · Provide guidance on new program initiatives, draft program documents to ensure funding and implement activities, and manages the relationships between USAID/Kenya and IPs implementing gender and GBV integration activities.
- · Serves as A/COR and Activity Manager for several activities. In this capacity, the incumbent reviews and approves work plans, budget, performance monitoring plans, quarterly and annually reports and other key documents for USAID-supported projects.
- · Provide oversight to ensure the USAID-supported HIV/AIDS funded programs achieve anticipated results, are linked to and enhance attainment of HPN objectives, which are aligned with the Government of Kenya priorities and implemented within the framework of PEPFAR and USG foreign assistance policies.
- · Monitoring activities and provide supportive supervision through field visits.
- · Monitoring burn rate and ensure that obligations, expenditures, and budget pipelines conform to action plans. Submit quarterly accruals report and ensure appropriate and timely incremental funding of activities.
- · Conduct regular visit to monitor progress of activities and provide technical and programmatic recommendations.
3. REPRESENTATION AND REPORTING 15%
- · Provide technical input into PEPFAR planning and reporting process including quarterly PEPFAR Oversight and Accountability Review Team (POART), Country Operational Plan (COP) development, and writing the gender section of the Performance Plan and Report (PPR).
- · Maintain responsibility for supporting HPN and Mission in developing agency operational plan and strategies, such as the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and the Operational Plan.
- · Ensure that IPs that received PEPFAR funding are compliant with USG and USAID gender policies.
- · Provide technical programmatic support, including developing PowerPoint presentation and talking points, as requested by HIV/AIDS and HPN team.
- · Respond to the reporting requirement and request from the Mission and from USAID/Washington and others, as needed.
- · Participate in developing policies and guidelines to integrate gender and GBV into HIV/AIDS activities and HPN as requested.
How to apply
How to Apply
Step 1: Register in MyJobsInKenya at www.myjobsinkenya.com
Step 2: Complete the job application questionnaire at www.myjobsinkenya.com The applicant must answer all the questions in the Questionnaire.
Step 3: Internal Applicants/Current USG Employees: Attach an updated curriculum vitae/resume (no more than five pages), a copy of your most recent Performance Evaluation Report, and copies of all relevant certificates. Scan and attach all the documents and upload to MyJobsInKenya.com
External Applicants/Not Current USG Employees: Attach an updated curriculum vitae/resume (no more than five pages) and copies of all relevant certificates. Upload all the documents to MyJobsInKenya.com
Note to Applicants:
- Applications must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3, and submitted through myjobsinkenya.com as stated in Section IV.
- Submissions will only be accepted through www.myjobsinkenya.com Late and Incomplete applications (those that do not contain the applicant’s most current and up to date detailed CV and relevant education certificates) will not be considered for the position. The closing date for receipt of applications is indicated above.
3. USAID DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING) AND DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.