Organization:Action Contre la Faim France
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim (ACF) is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 35 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise:nutrition and health – healthcare and care practices – food security and livelihoods – water, sanitation and hygiene – advocacy. In 2016, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 14.7 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide.www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Country:Iraq – based in Erbil.
Length of contract: 12 months – starting November 15th, 2018.
Since 2013, ACF has been operational in Erbil, Dohuk, Ninewa, Sulaymaniyah and Diyala Governorates of Kurdistan region of Iraq. As of today, ACF Iraq is operational in Ninewa and Dohuk Governorates and it is working on the expansion of its response to South and Central Iraq. Throughout 2017, ACF has been implementing its humanitarian response in Iraq with an integrated, multi-sectorial approach, addressing WASH, MHCP, Food Security & Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition-related needs of the Syrian refugees and the Iraqi IDP population in camp and non-camp settings. In 2018, ACF is still providing humanitarian response in the areas still presenting urgent needs while working on a transition into more recovery/development intervention where possible, such as in KRI.
As of September 2018, ACF’s team is running operations of approximatively 6 million EUR coming from different institutional donors (AFD, OFDA, OCHA, WFP, RDPP and SDC) and internal ACF funds.
ACF is strongly involved in the coordination mechanisms, is an active member of the national WASH, FSL, Health, Protection and NFI/Shelter Clusters and technical working group of Nutrition and MHCPSS. ACF is also member of the executive board of NCCI (NGOs Coordination Committee for Iraq) and co leading the Wash cluster in Iraq.
You will ensure the overall implementation of the operational strategy of the mission and the follow-up of the quality of the programs; as well as develop new project proposals in line with the mission strategy.
You will be in charge to:
- Follow-up on the timely implementation of the ongoing projects, according to the country and programme strategy
- Coordinate the implementation of assessments in order to develop activities in new areas (e.g. South and Central Iraq), as well in order to design new types of activities so as to ensure the transition from emergency to early recovery to development; investigate opportunities for innovation
- Work towards securing funding for future interventions, coordinating new proposal development
- People development and management, providing a strong leadership
- Ensuring the quality of the programme in the mission
- Represent and liaise with donors, authorities, local organizations, UN, NGOs on operational strategy and program-related issues
· You hold a Master’s degree in development / humanitarian aid, international relations or a field relevant experience with at least 5 years of relevant, leadership position
· You possess strong leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills in a complex, international setting
· You have an extensive knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian coordination mechanisms and Nexus between Recovery and Development
· You have good knowledge of main ACF sectors of intervention – WASH, FSL, MHCP, nutrition and Gender – as well as the main donors’ policy and requirements
· You present consolidate experience of project cycle management, using participatory tools and methodologies for assessment, programs identification, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning
· You are able to provide strategic planning and program design and development
· You possess strong analytical and conceptual thinking and are able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans
Remuneration and benefits:
·Monthly gross salaryfrom 1 947€ to 2 497€ upon experience.
·Per diem and living allowance: 487 €/month (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
·+ 12 % of monthly gross salaryas country allowance.
·+ 16% of monthly gross salaryas reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
Transportation and accommodation:
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
· Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage:100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
· 25 days of paid leaves per year.
· + 20 RnR per year.
· + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 12 weeks).
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Turkey).
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
· Opportunity of coaching or mentorship.
· Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
To apply, please visit our website:http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/3624/A-Deputy-C…