Organization: Action Contre la Faim France
Closing date:10 Oct 2018
Location:Ethiopia based in Gode (Somali region)
Length of contract: 12 months, starting 20th of October 2018.**
Context of the position:
The mission is currently operating in five different regional states : Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, Gambella and Ethiopian Somali with a coordination team based in Addis.
In Gambella, the program approach is dedicated to South Sudan refugees and host communities. The other regions are developing reset program and emergency setup.
The ACF team in Gode gathers 90 persons. The Field Coordinator is directly supervising PMs (Nutrition, MHCP, WASH and Food Security), base Human resources, base finance, base logistic, program officer, MEAL Officer.
Different Wash, Nutrition, Mental Health and Care practices as well as Food Security and Livelihood projects, funded bySIDA, GAc and ECHO are currently implemented two Zones (5 Woredas), high mobility from the Field Coordinator will be required to supervise the teams appropriately.
Currently no major security problem reported, but it could change, given the presence of rebel group and the recurrent conflict at the border between Oromiya and Somali regions.
Harsh environmental conditions, with hot and dry weather. The current Field Coordinator is leaving in a separate guest house, nearby office compound.
To be noted that business visa are for a month, and therefore many travels out of the country are expected, before obtaining work permit.
You will coordinate the emergency operation in Somali region (program and supports) and start considering recovery projects
More specifically, you will be in charge to:
- Overall management of the programs in Somali Region.
- Overall management of support functions in Gode.
- Overall management of the security of the team at the base
- Continuous strategic analysis of the security and humanitarian context in the region
- Representation of Action Against Hunger and liaison with authorities, UN, NGOs at field and regional level.
- Line managing PMs and support teams
- Reporting and communication
- You have at least 7 years of field experience in operational management of humanitarian programs and proven track record on project management on one of the following topics: WASH, FSL, Nutrition & Health, Mental Health & Care Practices.
- Excellent capacity of strategic humanitarian context analysis, proven record of security and bases management in development and post-crises settings,
- You have developed strong management skills and leadership,
- You are pro-active, strong communication, networking and representation skills.
- You have experience in capacity building of national staff,
- Basic knowledge of Action Against Hunger Logistics, Admin procedure is advantageous,
- Proficency in Somali (speaking/writing) is mandatory.
Contract:12 months fixed term contract
Remuneration and benefits:
·Monthly gross salaryfrom 1 805 € to 2 305 € upon experience.
·Per diem and living allowance: 499 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
·+ 16% of monthly gross salaryas reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
Transportation and accommodation:
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
· Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
· 25 days of paid leaves per year.
· + 20 RnR per year.
· + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Zanzibar).
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
· Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
· Opportunity of coaching or mentorship.
· Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
To apply, please visit our website and send a cover letter & CV ( no more than 4 pages!)