Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise:Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2017, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 20 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide.www.actioncontrelafaim.org
We are looking for : A FIELD COORDINATOR – MOSUL – IRAQ
Iraq, based in Mosul.
As of today, ACF Iraq is operational in Ninewa and Dohuk Governorates and working towards the expansion of its activities to South / Central Iraq. Throughout 2019, ACF has been implementing its humanitarian response in Iraq with an integrated, multi-sectorial approach, addressing WASH, MHCP, Food Security & Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition-related needs in Sinune and Mosul. In 2020, ACF is willing to continue the provision of humanitarian response in the areas still presenting urgent needs while designing and rolling out post-emergency / recovery interventions.
As of January 2020, ACF’s team is running operations of approximatively 8.2 million EUR. ACF Iraq currently employs 18 expatriate and 126 national staff, working from the coordination office in Erbil, a field office in Dohuk, a field office in Mosul, a field sub-office in Sinune as well as an office in Baghdad.
Mosul is the largest city in northern Iraq and capital of the governorate of Ninewa. The city has been a persistent security issue since the US led invasion of Iraq in 2003. The base office and guesthouse in the same compound are located in the safest neighborhood in East Mosul. Apart from work movements during office hours, movements are limited with a 5:30pm curfew.
Length of contract:12 months starting mid-july 2020
You develop and lead response of ACF intervention’s for Mosul base. More precisely :
- You coordinate the overall implementation of ACF operations at field level
- You contribute to the identification of new intervention opportunities, with a focus on longer-term (post-emergency / development) interventions; you design and conduct relevant assessments in collaboration with the program teams
- You manage the teams at field level, ensuring a successful transition towards longer-term interventions and nationalization of base’s management positions
- You actively participate in relevant coordination mechanisms; represent ACF towards partners and local authorities
Do you fit with the position?
You hold a master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development, International Relations
You have at least three years of field experience in operational management of humanitarian programs in similar role; experience in emergency context required, with a minimum of two years’ experience in a managerial role
You have excellent capacity of strategic humanitarian context analysis and substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices
You also have good knowledge of financial and HR procedures
You know ACF intervention sectors (FSL, WaSH, Nutrition, MHCP)
You are known for your strong communication, networking and representation skills (written, oral, cross cultural) as well as Leadership and management skills in a complex international setting. You have good ability to train, coach and build capacities.
You are fluent in English, and if you can speak and write Arabic it would be considered as an asset
Why joining ACF:
The field Coordinator is an interesting but challenging role of leadership. It has a major role in contribution to relief and development in Mosul Governorate, in terms of Mental Health, Clean Water access and livelihoods.
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits:
- Monthly gross salary: from €2400 to €2800 upon experience.
- ·Per diem and living allowance: €278+ €176 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- ·+ 16% of monthly gross salaryas reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- ·+ Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- · Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- · Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage:100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- · 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- · + 20 RnR per year.
- · + 215 € at each RnR period
- · Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference. (Turkey)
- · Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- · Intermission Workshop once a year.
- · Opportunity of coaching (DP) or mentorship.
- · Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website: