Organization:Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion
Closing date:20 Jan 2019
Location: FRANCE (Lyon)
Type of contract: CDD
Date of taking the post: 14/02/2019
Indignant at the injustice experienced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusiveness, where all differences enrich us and where everyone can live standing up.
The Handicap International network changes its name to “Humanity & Inclusion”.
HI, Humanité & Inclusion is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization that intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and testifies, to meet their basic needs, to improve their living conditions and to promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Present in 63 countries, HI implements activities serving vulnerable populations, refugees, displaced and disaster-stricken populations, victims of injuries and populations at risk from weapons, ammunition and explosive devices.
You replace the incumbent during the 11 months of her leave (until January 31, 2020)
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
As an HIV / AIDS Technical Referent, you play HI’s strategic vision by:
- Assuring a scientific authority in the area of HIV-related expertise, bringing the framework of an overall quality assurance of projects / interventions / approaches adopted and accompanying its deployment on the land
- Responsible for knowledge management in HIV / AIDS within HI and externally within international professional networks
To achieve these goals, your missions are:
1.You accompany the programs:
- in the design and implementation of the projects / components of your portfolio (consistency with the mandate, professional positioning)
- in capitalization work
- in the drafting of the specifications of the expert missions or delegated external evaluations.
- in the execution of these missions and in relations with major donors, especially projects on HIV / AIDS in connection with the various international decision-makers
2.You ensure the framing of the quality of the topics covered in:
- Participant in the development of quality framing of themes with other RT
- Overseeing through data collection, analysis and feedback mechanisms results-based, evidence-based programming of actions.
- Providing project teams with the necessary support, advice and training through the exchanges of the Country Director or Program Manager.
- Validating the technical documents of the projects and alerting in case of significant difference between the programmed and the realized one.
- Conducting exploratory missions, mid-term reviews and supervising final evaluations at the request of programs.
3.You promote the individual and collective skills and knowledge of the association at the HIV / AIDS level
- Internal and external communication on know-how and experience HI
- Registration in national and international networks of professionals to assemble the scientific authority in the relevant themes
- Identification of opportunities for technical partnerships / advocacy and project funding.
- You participate in recruitments related to your themes:
- Validates the Job Profiles to Provide technical positions.
- Higher education in health (doctor, nurse, midwife), you have followed training in sexual health and reproduction and if possible also in public health
- You benefit from a significant professional experience of at least 5 years in a similar position with prior experience in a low or middle income country
- You have worked on SSR, HIV, MNCH and VLG projects and demonstrate an Advocacy Leadership Experience
- You know the world of Disability, and have worked on one or more other themes of our field of action (rehabilitation, mental health, emergency context)
- You master the professional posture “Advice & technical support”. You master intercultural participatory approaches.
- Flexible and pragmatic in nature, you are recognized for relational and leadership qualities. You have good capacities of synthesis, analysis and a good editorial.
- You are fluent in both French and English both orally and in writing
· Type of contract: Fixed-term contract (until 31 January 2020)
· Restaurant coupon
· 39h per week with 22.5 RTT days per year
Only online by attaching CV and cover letter via the following link: