Organization: Action Against Hunger France
Closing date: 23 Sep 2018
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an international non-governmental organization fighting hunger worldwide. Its charter of humanitarian principles – independence, neutrality, nondiscrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been the foundation of its identity for more than 35 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of undernutrition, particularly during and after emergencies related to conflict and natural disasters. Action Against Hunger coordinates its programs around five areas of activity: nutrition and health – mental health and care practices – food security and livelihoods – water, sanitation and hygiene – advocacy.In 2015, Action Against Hunger helped more than 13.6 million people in 46 countries around the world. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Action Against Hunger seeks a field coordinator (H / F) in the Goré area, Chad, for 6 months
Beginning date: 01/10/2018
In the south of Chad, the region of Logone Orient has for several years been hosting Central African refugees and returnees from Chad. There are 4 refugee camps (Dossey, Doholo, Gondje and Amboko) and 2 return sites (Kobeite and Danamadja). The latest clashes in late December 2017 between armed groups in the Ouham Pende region of northern CAR resulted in the displacement of more than 20,000 people  who sought refuge in the border villages (around 40) of the country. on the Chadian side in the departments of Nya Pendé, Monts de Lam and Bahr Sara, precisely in the districts of Gore, Bessao and Moisala.
Currently, this figure of 20,000 has been revised upward, about 25,000 refugees.
Action Against Hunger positions its nutrition security interventions for Central African refugees and host populations in the area. Our interventions will focus on supporting Goré health centers and hospital, already very fragile to serve the local population and made even more vulnerable to meet the combined needs of new refugees. Action Against Hunger will gradually implement its nutrition security policy through integrated nutrition and health, nutrition-sensitive food and nutrition interventions.
We have started fundraising and have very good returns:
- Validated AIDS funding
- SDC funding agreement (current proposal)
- A request in progress at the French Embassy.
Are acquired about 700 K Euro to date, with a target of 1 M € Euro.
Projects are being launched over a period of 12 months, following evaluation missions in May, June and July.
The opening of the base is well advanced.
 Update of January 14, 2018
With the support of the Country Director, you should ensure the coordination of ACF interventions in the area of Goré, which has just opened.
In particular, you will need:
- Coordinate the implementation of the ACF Country Strategy in your area of intervention
- Coordinate the overall implementation of programs in the field
- Manage the teams in your area of intervention
- Facilitate good relations with coordination teams
- In case of absence of the DP or Deputy DP, represent ACF and ensure relations with partners, authorities, UN agencies and NGOs
- Participate, in connection with the mission’s RFP, to the safety and security of the base
With a humanitarian or generalist master’s degree with a 3-year experience in coordination of a base (in expatriation), management of humanitarian programs (and / or experience confirmed ACF), you are able to pilot and apply a mechanism continuous monitoring of operations in order to increase their quality and to identify and limit the risks associated with their implementation.
You have experience in successful team management – 1 year min – (and are able to define and convey a direction and a vision to your teams); Diplomate, patient, you also have good resistance to stress and good abilities to work in an unstable security environment, master French and have a good level of English.
Experience in security management, information gathering and context analysis is required (1 year min)
A knowledge / experience ACF a (strong) more
Contract : 6 months c ontract fixed-term use of French law
Remuneration and benefits :
- Gross monthly salary of entry from 1805 to 2305 gross depending on experience.
- Per diem and life expenses : € 670 (cf eurocost) net, paid in the field.
- + 12% of gross monthly salary allocation related to the context.
- + 16% of the gross monthly salary for reimbursement of pension insurance for non French nationals.
- + Child allowance , limited to 5 children. To be removed if family status.
Transport and accommodation :
- Support for travel to and from the workplace.
- Single room in collective housing supported
Medical coverage : 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leave and RnR : **
- 25 days of paid vacation per year.
- 20 RTT per year.
- 215 € paid for the recovery period (on average every 3 months).
- Support of transport tickets to the reference recovery area.
- Unlimited and free access to the crossknowledge © e-learning platform.
- Regional technical training or headquarter on average once a year + Intermissions trades once a year.
- Participation in external training costs according to the relevance of the file.
Please send a cover letter and a CV (max 4 pages) in French.