Last updated: 08 Aug 2020 |
Deadline: 15 Nov 2020 (annual)
Study in: USA
Next course starts 1 July 2021
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
Accredited U.S. institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions.
Number of Awards:
Women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000
Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- • Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- • Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by 15 November 2020.
- • Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- • Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- • Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score or other acceptable verification.
- • Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by 15 November 2020, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. Fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their acceptance materials.
See the full eligibility criteria at the official website (link found below) for more details.
Applications and submission of supporting documents are done online. The application deadline for AY 2020-2021 is 15 November 2020.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application and for detailed updated information on this scholarship/fellowship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/