The AB Charitable Trust is accepting applications for its grant program to support small to medium sized charities in the three priority areas.
The AB Charitable Trust is an independent grant-making organisation, founded in 1990 by Yves and Anne Bonavero to champion human dignity and support marginalised and excluded groups. The Trust has no endowment and is funded annually by the Bonavero family.
- Justice: The Trust seeks to support disenfranchised and forgotten groups
- Collaboration: The Trust aims to build mutually beneficial relationships with the people they work with
- Learning: The Trust is committed to learn from the grant making to inform future practice
- Efficiency: The Trust maintains high standards of administrative efficiency and cost effectiveness
The Trust supports work that promotes human dignity and defends the human rights of marginalised and excluded people.
The Trust fund small to medium sized charities who work in three priority areas:
- MIGRANTS AND REFUGEES: A country in which people who are migrants, refugees or seeking asylum are made welcome, treated lawfully and fairly, and enabled to maximise their potentional.
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND PENAL REFORM: A fair and just criminal justice system, with a significantly reduced prison population, which considers individual needs and potential and places a focus on prevention and rehabilitation.
- HUMAN RIGHTS, PARTICULARLY ACCESS TO JUSTICE: Ensuring everyone in the UK, regardless of income or geographical location, has access to high quality legal advice, so that they can realise their rights.
Open programme grants are usually between £10,000 to £20,000 and awarded annually.
To be eligible for the open programme, an applicant charity will:
- Work in one of the priority areas
- Be registered as a UK charity, delivering work in the UK
- Have an annual income between £150k and £1.5m
- Have operated for at least a year and be able to provide a full year’s audited or independently examined accounts
- The promotion of religion
- Capital appeals
- Academic research
- Charities with large national links
For more information, visit https://abcharitabletrust.org.uk/apply