General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
Access Assistant must be based in Azaz – North West Aleppo for the program of GOAL. Access Assistant basically will be responsible to monitor security incidents and report all issues related to security to Access Officer. GOAL have programs in Azaz in different locations and fields. It is expected Access Assistant to be responsible for the following duties and those are subjected to changes in evolving program/context.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
- Manage the GOAL security guards and provide the safety and security training for them.
- Manage the safety and security within the GOAL premises, the Access Assistant will manage all safety and security equipment, ensuring that it is well maintained and functional, including First aid Kits and Fire Extinguishers.
- Report daily to the Access Officer about the general safety and security situation of the GOAL premises and staff.
- Provide Safety and Security training and briefing for all GOAL staff in Azaz office as required, train all GOAL staff on basic first aid, personal safety and security skills, and train new staff members in communication protocols and the communication tree.
- Maintained the communication protocols and the communication tree.
- Ensure that the communications schedule with the field teams is understood and adhered to, record all communications, and failure to communicate in a separate communications log.
- Maintain verbal contact with all vehicles and Team Leaders in the field.
- Complete and share the daily team’s travel plan and share it with Access Officer.
- Ensure that the team traveling has the appropriate equipment as required per GOAL safety procedures and vehicles have the safety and communication equipment (First Aid Kit, etc…).
- Track all the field staff and vehicles movement, maintain a daily movement staff tracker including periodically checking teams on the field.
- Keep a database of all health facilities and emergency contacts in the GOAL Areas of Operation complete with contact information.
- Support the access officer in incident reporting and updating the security incident tracker.
- Participate in the field trips with the programs teams whenever required within all GOAL AoO.
- Assist the Access officer to develop evacuation plans for GOAL premises and make sure all GOAL field staff and visitors are well trained on it.
- Conduct regular visits to the GOAL premises in northern Aleppo to make sure they are secured and report all security concerns to access officer.
- Any other responsibilities as required by Access Officer.
- Excellent spoken and written Arabic Moderate spoken and written English.
- Computer skills – Word and Excel.
- Advance communication skills.
- The ability to record, keep, and pass accurate messages is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and react to emergency situations in a calm and logical manner.
- Sensitivity to gender and diversity issues in work practices.
- Experience in security management within the humanitarian context.
- At least 2-year experience in conflict setting and awareness of the political situation in northern Aleppo.
- Awareness of Northern Aleppo context, AFAD and other Turkish Foundation rules and regulations.
Turkish speaking is an asset.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking here fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 14-Jan-21.