Location:The Hague, The Netherlands
Position Status: 4 days a week, (80% FTE), Permanent
Salary:circa €30,000 a year pro rated to part time
Reporting to:Mercy Corps Netherlands Director
Candidates must have the right to work in The Netherlands at the time of appointment. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis by CV and cover letter. If interested, please apply at the earliest to avoid disappointments.
About Mercy CorpsMercy Corps is a leading global organisation powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In conflict, in disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps Netherlands (MCNL) was established in December 2017. It operates in collaboration with its sister organisations, Mercy Corps Global (MCG) and Mercy Corps Europe (MCE) as one global organisation. All three entities share the same mission, vision, core values and charitable objectives, as well as operational resources for the support and implementation of programme activities. MCNL is operating from The Hague Humanity Hub as a member of a dynamic community of innovators in the humanitarian space.
The breadth and impact of our programmes makes Mercy Corps a unique and truly rewarding place to work. Our teams are proud of what we achieve in the field and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment.
The Admin and Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the efficient running of support services for the MCNL team and ensure compliance with administrative requirements related to MCNL’s internal policies and applicable Dutch government regulations. The responsibilities will include office space and asset management; mail and shipping; procurement; travel coordination; event scheduling and coordination of services; oversight of health and safety policies and standards, and GDPR related processes.
To support the growth and development of MCNL, the Admin and Operations Coordinator will be expected to be well organised, motivated, quick to learn, able to adapt and prioritise, and comfortable working in a flexible, unconventional work environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
● Manage MCNL office contract and coordinate all bookings of meeting and work spaces and any additional services.
● Arrange work space for team members, interns and consultants and ensure that MCNL designated spaces are kept presentable.
● Serve as the focal point for coordination of visitors (both internal and external to Mercy Corps), including setting up schedules and providing logistical support.
● Assist with the setup and coordinate booking of facilities for meetings and events.
● Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
● Manage procurement and serve as vendor point-of-contact for office-related services such as supplies, printing, equipment, communications, etc.
● Office assets – coordinate issuing, maintain asset registers, and ensure proper functioning of equipment.
● Point of contact for travel training for MCNL team and new team members.
● Support travel services for visitors to MCNL offices. Coordinate the use of preferred accommodations, including local hotel information and arrangements as requested.
● General support for visitors and guests using Mercy Corps’ facilities.
● Provide support in obtaining travel visas.
● Ensure MCNL basic orientation materials for visitors are regularly updated.
● Serve as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) focal point and, with support from the MCNL Director and the Europe GDPR advisor, ensure that the MCNL team operates in compliance with internal policies and relevant government regulations related to Data Protection.
● Manage updates and/or submission to various administrative and government bodies (municipality, ministries, Chamber of Commerce, etc.) as required to ensure the transparency and regulatory compliance of MCNL operations.
● Receive invoices and coordinate with finance for the processing of payments for office operations related services and supplies.
● Provide verbal and written translation of support documents, contracts, meeting, statements, records, etc. as requested.
● Support onboarding of new team members.
● Participate in the development of administrative policies and procedures.
Other tasks of similar nature as may be required.
Organisational Learning● As part of our commitment to organisational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organisations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries● Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports To: MCNL Director
Works With: MCNL HR and Finance, Europe IT support, travel and operations teams
Knowledge and Experience
● A Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, information management, or any related field. Alternatively, equivalent years of experience would be considered
● A minimum of 2 to 3 years of professional experience in a fast-paced office environment, with emphasis on administrative services and/or facilities.
● Excellent computer skills required; comfort in working with IT functions a plus.
● Prior experience with coordination and management of travel schedules and meetings desirable.
● Sensitivity and experience in communicating with stakeholders from diverse sectors and backgrounds.
● Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and cooperatively with team members and the ability to take direction as well as work independently.
● Overseas, international, non-profit experience and/or interest preferred.
● Fluent in Dutch and English
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment and able to adapt, reprioritise and give assistance as needed in a growing organisation.
● A healthy combination of professionalism, confidence and good humour.
● Strong multi-tasking, organisational, and prioritisation skills.
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
● Able to work both independently and cooperatively.
● Able to represent Mercy Corps to visitors.
● Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving
● A quick learner, who takes the initiative and is accountable for results.
The position is based in The Hague and may involve occasional travel.
MCE team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a short term assignment or trip to country offices. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Mercy Corps locations.
Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps’ vision. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment
How to apply
Please apply via this link: