Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client is looking to hire experienced Hospital Administration Staff for one of their hospitals in Nairobi, Kenya.
Under the supervision of the Hospital Administration Manager & working closely with other Hospital staff. the Hospital Administration Staff will support the unit, by providing assistance on project planning, implementation, financial tracking & reporting.
In particular, s / he will be responsible to:
- Provide support to the work of other hospital staff, implementing partners & service providers for the hospital.
- Develop annual administrative plans, contribute to longer term strategies & improvements to administrative policies, systems & procedures in compliance with policies, standards, regulations & processes.
- Manage & / or carry out data analysis pertaining to project budgets & provide management with accurate information & reports for efficient planning & decision making.
- Manage administration for existing resources such as assets / inventory items, office facilities, ambulance fleet, etc., estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost effectiveness & timeliness of operations & services.
- Provide administrative & logistical planning support to staff & partners regarding duty, travel authorisations (if required), security clearance, accommodation etc.
- Follow up on implementation of projects to ensure effective & timely delivery of basic services.
- Support implementing partners & service providers to ensure procurement of hospital items & payments are made timely.
- Ensure inventory management of capacity building supplies & asset movements in close collaboration with other staff working in the hospital.
- Build productive partnerships with other UN agencies & local govt. offices, ensure agreements, MOUs are current, associated expenditure recognised / accrued & payments are processed promptly & in accordance with client requirements.
- Follow up with field team & finance unit to ensure preparation & liquidation imprest / petty cash are done according to procedures & in a timely manner.
- Prepare administration related budgets & budget revisions, including annual procurement plan in consultation with other stakeholders at the hospital.
- Review administrative SOP’s for consistency with the changing environment & adjust / recommend revisions as necessary.
- Assist to compile weekly & monthly reports for the unit in a timely manner & with accuracy.
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the immediate line manager.Overall / other duties & responsibilities:
- Support project designing, modification & implementation of appropriate operational procedures.
- Coordination with service providers, administration, other specialised staff.
- Reporting to line manager on activities.
- Assistance in preparing funding requests for activities related to the projected caseload.
- Liaison with the security focal point in Nairobi as needed.
- This role works under the supervision of the Hospital Administration Manager.
- This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Education & Experience:
- University Degree or Diploma, preferably in Public or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of training / experience.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in administrative, financial & logistics assistance of a public or private institution within a hospital / health care environment.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills both oral & written.
- Ability to prepare clear & concise reports.
- Strong strategic, analytical & creative thinking skills.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility & drive for results.
- Demonstrated gender awareness & gender sensitivity.
- Capacity to work effectively & harmoniously with colleagues from various professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work under difficult conditions & outside normal working hours while maintaining security awareness.
- Fluent in English & Swahili.
- Takes responsibility & manages constructive criticism.
- Works effectively with all clients & stakeholders.
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly.
- Takes initiative & drives high levels of performance management.
- Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment.
- Creates & promotes a respectful office environment free of harassment & retaliation.
- Maintains excellent communication & writing skills.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail.
- Personal commitment & drive for results & adaptability in the workplace.
- Handles sensitive situations diplomatically & cultivates productive relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Abides by Prevention of Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (PSEA).
- Incorporates gender related needs, perspectives & concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Works with internal & external stakeholders to meet resource needs.
- Able to handle sensitive situations & cultivate productive relationships.
- Ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal & verbal communication skills.
- Calm, diplomatic & demonstrate the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Other relevant information:
- This role is for roster / talent building purposes.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: