Training Agency:International NGO Training and Research Centre
Registration deadline:02 Aug 2019
Training date:09 Sep 2019to13 Sep 2019—
This course will help participants develop sustainable and cost effective monitoring and evaluation processes and practices within their own projects, programmes and organisations.
It is also relevant for those trying to improve and enhance current monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, or supporting partners to develop and implement effective M&E. The course provides an overview of all aspects of M&E, from planning to M&E and impact assessment, with a focus on ensuring that M&E contributes towards improving organisational learning and accountability.
See feedback from our previous course:
“This is the most energised, precise, effective, wonderful and best training style I’ve seen in a long time. Highly participatory and yet so informative. Also very practical.”
Objectives of the course
By the end of the training participants will:
- Have developed a deeper understanding of the characteristics of effective M&E and M&E systems
- Have reviewed approaches to planning for M&E, including Theory of Change, and explored some of the challenges with these
- Be able to select and use appropriate data collection methods and tools effectively and explored debates around newer qualitative and participatory approaches
- Have considered principles and steps in data analysis and the issue of quality of evidence
- Have explored ways to address issues around impact assessment and the M&E of outcomes and impact
- Have considered their own role in bringing about improved M&E within their projects, programmes and organisations
The cost of this course is £1360 non-residential (includes training materials, lunch and refreshments). Participants have to organise their own accommodation in London. Individual coaching is offered to course participants at a discounted rate of £50 per 50-minute session.
To apply for this course, please complete our online application form:https://www.intrac.org/how-we-work/training/application-form/