Deadline:31 July 2019
Through this Annual Program Statement (APS), Civil Society and Media(CSM-II) is seeking applications for grants from CSOs and independent local media organizations in Myanmar.
The APS aims to address many of the concerns and issues raised by CSOs and independent media organizations during one-on-one consultations, and draws on the findings of analyses conducted by FHI 360 and experience from CSM I.
Grants provided under this APS will support projects or initiatives relating to advocacy, engagement, and awareness building that promote at least one of the following. Priority will be given for the projects or initiatives that address core issues of or intersect among at least two of the following:
- Reform of laws and policies, and improved implementation of laws and policies
- Peace and national reconciliation
- Intercommunal harmony and religious freedom
- Applications may be for projects up to 12 months in duration.
- Applicants may propose budgets between MMK 30,000,000 and MMK 230,000,000.
- This APS is open to applicants from anywhere in Myanmar and its border areas.
- It is open to CSOs; community-based organizations (CBOs); local civil society networks, consortiums and coalitions; non-governmental media organizations and associations; and nongovernmental research and policy institutions working on issues inside Myanmar.
- They may be either registered or unregistered.
- Consortiums and networks of organizations are encouraged to apply, so as to achieve the broadest possible coverage and sharing of experiences, perspectives and resources.
- This opportunity is intended for local organizations.
- The following are not eligible to receive grant support: individuals; political parties; military or other armed groups; government or semi-governmental institutions or media organizations (semigovernmental institutions and organizations being those that are 50 percent or more government financed or owned); international organizations; and faith-based organizations that exclude beneficiaries based on faith, or any other protected characteristics (such as sex, gender or sexual orientation).
- Grant applications will first be checked for eligibility. Applications that are not eligible will not be considered by the Grant Evaluation Committee.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://themimu.info/calls-for-proposals