Organization: Oxfam GB
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a dynamic team player who will Lead the Rohingya Response Policy Advocacy team in coordination with country Policy Advocacy Campaign and Communication team as well as with Regional and Global program to define advocacy influencing and campaign strategy for Rohingya response. To strengthen Oxfam’s impact of local to national and international level influence and policy level works at country, regional and global arena by providing strategic and ground level leadership on policy, advocacy and campaigning aspects. Developing require strategies, improving skill and knowledge, enhancing the technical expertise and ensure support to the concern programme teams, stakeholders, alliances and networking and use moment to get the leverage.
Direct report to: Country Director
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Professional qualification in Policy advocacy in global level.
- A minimum of Ten years of experience in similar field.
- Analytical skills and ability to think strategically,
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and how it is applied in emergency contexts, based on experience from different countries
- Knowledge and experience of promoting gender equity, and an active commitment to promoting the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Proven experience of building and leading diverse teams and; evidence of managing large complex teams.
- Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Knowledge of Bangladesh context (preferably understanding the Bangla language) and/or dynamics in South East Asia
- Understanding of the challenges of rapid onset emergencies and linking from relief to disaster risk reduction and development
- Understanding of large-scale humanitarian responses (including humanitarian coordination and funding mechanisms).
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to lead and influence skill.
- Strong self-awareness as well as strong analytical and critical thinking skill.
For the full list of the key responsibilities, skills and competencies, please check attached JP
Apply Instructions :If you feel you can make a difference please visit jobs/oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT4932 (Please follow the proper procedure. Sending of irrelevant documents will be counted as disqualification.)
[Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of screening checks.]
Application Deadline: 18 October 2018
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature