Africa Scholarship Scheme: During the India Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi, the Prime Minister of India announced Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students from African countries by way of increasing the number of Scholarships for them to pursue Undergraduate, Postgraduate and higher studies courses in Indian Universities & Institutions.
In that context, 900 scholarship slots have been offered for meritorious students under the African Scholarship Scheme.
Nominations from desirous meritorious students are invited for the said scholarship slots. Application Guidelines:
- Six complete sets of application forms (properly tagged) to be submitted (one set may be retained by the Mission and five are required to be sent to ICCR).
- Special attention may kindly be made in respect of tagging of the sets.
- Applications should be properly filled-up/tagged and sent with complete supporting documents.
- Candidate should clearly mention the course and university to which he/she is seeking admission
- Certified copies of all documents should be accompanied with English translations, a syllabus of the qualifying examination should be enclosed with the application.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- Students who have formerly studied on ICCR Scholarship should be given second preference.
- No candidate should be nominated for MBBS/BDS and courses related to medicine.Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following countries
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya.
Also Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tame & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more scholarship information and application, see: Africa Scholarship Scheme Website