AGFUND International Prize is an annual prize awarded by the Arab Gulf Programme for United Nations Development Organizations (AGFUND).
It aims to honour the pioneering development projects in the developing countries and concerned with the support of sustainable human development efforts, targeting the neediest groups in the developing countries, particularly women and children.
The Prize is consisted of a financial reward of US$ 300, 000 in addition to trophies and certificates of recognition.
Its main objectives are;
- To contribute to the support and funding of programmes and projects in the sector of health, especially for motherhood and childhood, through:- Projects aiming at raising health awareness
– Primary health care projects
– Environmental health projects
- To contribute to the support and funding of educational programmes and projects targeting women and children, particularly the disadvantaged groups, through:- Basic education and preparing of educational curricula
– Establishing and equipping of educational institutions
– Establishing and equipping of vocational training centers
– Research and studies in the domain of education development
– Projects for open universities and distance learning.
- To participate in the establishment, promotion and development of institutional capacity building of organizations active in the fields of sustainable human development, especially those devoted to women and children.
- To contribute to the support and funding of developmental projects of special nature, through :
- Emergency relief assistance for the victims of wars, armed conflicts and natural disasters.
- Small projects aimed at income generating for less privileged groups.
- Banks for the poor and micro-credit services.
- Studies and research aimed at achieving sustainable human development.The Prizes are awarded annually.
For further details and application forms, contact: AGFUND International Prize Website