Training Agency:Humanitarian Institute
Over 1 intensive day thisworkshopwill prepare you for maximising your Humanitarian & Development career. Our Masterclass is a no bullsh!# workshop for those seeking international career development support.
Delivered by experienced International Development professionals, using the latest feedback from diverse Humanitarian agencies, this workshop provides you with extensive support and insider knowledge on developing your Aid career.
“How do I build my International Development career?”
“How do I get a foot inside the Humanitarian industry door?”
“How can I be truly strategic with my career?”
With Humanitarian Institute you’ll meet others who share your passion and get the support you need to build a successful Humanitarian career. This workshop is relevant for recent graduates, those transitioning from another career, and particularly Development practitioners.
Tickets are limited.Register now.
- Sydney: Saturday, October 13, 2018 (Register now)
Participate in an intense, interactive learning environment that will cover:
- Industry awareness: Learn about key sector trends and opportunities. Find your niche.
- Humanitarian career action plan: Individualised guidance on the development of your runway to success. We will guide you in strategically selecting targeted tactics to become a well-rounded candidate.
- Application documentation optimisation: Bespoke work on your core documents – jump straight to the top of the pile.
- Interview preparation: Strategies and practice to make the most of your interview opportunities.
How we help
- Expert support: Work with Mentors who know exactly what Humanitarian employers are looking for.
- Learn from the best: Engage with the very best Aid professionals to maximise your job potential.
- Build confidence: Mentors support your professional development and personal confidence.
- Career targeting: Mentors advise and direct your international career goals and pathways.
- Pursue your passions: Achieve a purpose driven career with a strategic and structured approach.
- Motivation and drive: Challenge yourself to achieve your dreams.
Experienced Development practitioner with vocational training qualifications:
- Cory Steinhauer(BCom, MSSc), Humanitarian Institute and University of Sydney, contributes his sector expertise and prepares participants with career strategies and pragmatic realities. Over the years Cory has advised the United Nations, Governments, the private, and social sectors in Afghanistan, Australia, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, New Zealand, Mexico, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Timor, Turkey and Vietnam.
How it’s facilitated
Workshop is facilitated using several engaging methodologies including:
- Virtual Reality
- Group discussions
- Team exercises
- Individual / group learning activities
- Desktop simulations
How it works
- Time commitment of 8 hours over 1 day
- Registration is from 8:45am for a 9:00am start and finishing by 5:00pm.
- The day is split into four sessions, separated by breaks (light catering provided).
- You will be encouraged to actively participate in networking, discussions and experiential learning.
- The facilitator utilises practical and theoretical knowledge to ensure the workshop is applicable to the realities and complexities of community engagement.
- Simulations are used to challenge learners to implement and discuss workshop teachings.
What makes this workshop different
Develop as a well-rounded and unforgettable Humanitarian candidate with the support of Humanitarian Institute mentors. Through advanced career development strategies and actions, show human resources officers why they need you in their Humanitarian agency.
Receive comprehensive career development support from leading Global Development practitioners.
Gain lifetime access to ourOnline International Career Development Course: 3 hour career program that includes a wealth of career enhancement resources.
The workshop shares Humanitarian Institute’s best practices for building, and sourcing the best professional Humanitarian opportunities. These teachings are born from 15+ years of international practice.
What you’ll receive
- ‘Certificate of Completion’ to share with your professional network.
- A workshop manual that captures important insights.
- A flexible skill set to implement strategic career development actions.
- A network of like-minded leaders that spans across industries, sectors and functions.
About Humanitarian Institute
Founded in 2015,Humanitarian Instituteis an expert Aid and Development training provider offering pre-service and in-service training, support and education programs.
The world urgently needs new mindsets, skill sets and toolsets to overcome complex global crises.
We empower leaders and employees of NGOs, corporations, Governments, social enterprises, startups, and others to develop sustainable solutions to humanity’s biggest challenges.
Our custom-designed and ready-made learning and development solutions for Humanitarian and Development organisations support the achievement of an equitable and abundant future.
Pleasecontact usfor a free no-obligation consultation to help you choose the right support.
Workshop fee options International and domestic social sector: AUD$195.00 per ticket Start-up / social entrepreneur: AUD$195.00 per ticket University student / Humanitarian Institute Alumni: AUD$175.00 per ticket Public sector: AUD$250.00 per ticket Private sector: AUD$250.00 per ticket Group / organisation (4+ people) discounts available (10%). Once registration is complete an invoice will be issued. Payment is required prior to workshop commencement (online and EFT options available).
- Complete theenrolment form.
- The team will review and confirm registration details.
- Upon successful admission, you will receive a Confirmation Email and fee invoice.