Aid Management Advisor – Ramallah, Palestine
Service, Stability and Reform Programme / Takamol
Takamol/ SSRP (Stability, Services and Reform Programme) is a FCDO-funded programme implemented by Tetra Tech International Development Europe in Palestine. Through Takamol, the UK Government is working with the Government of Palestine (GoP) to support fiscal sustainability, build capability and accountability and increase the effectiveness of service delivery in line with the GoP’s National Policy Agenda (2017-2022).
Takamol supports the Government of Palestine in developing their Aid management capacity, specifically the ability to track, analyse, report on, and manage aid flows, coordinate and support development/humanitarian partners, and actively participate in government-wide PFM processes. The aim is to increase the effectiveness of the contribution of external aid to the objectives of the NPA and support effective service delivery to Palestinians.
The Advisor position reflects both growing demand for the aid intervention, and the need for Takamol to provide consistent in-person support, especially while the Aid Management Lead is unable to travel to Ramallah.
Areas of support
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Engaging with the Planning and Budget Processes and Project Assessment
- Supporting the Palestine Aid Coordination Platform
Upcoming support will include:
- Development and rollout of a Palestine wide Aid Policy.
- Integrating LACS, and developing the role of the SWGs.
- Engagement with Donor/UN medium term strategies and portfolio reviews.
The Advisor will report to the Aid Management Lead and, in coordination with other Takamol advisors provide support to government counterparts in implementing the functions that Takamol supports.
It is expected that the Aid Advisor will be based at the Takamol office in Ramallah, with multiple weekly visits to government offices, in addition to daily contact via phone/messaging/email with government counterparts.
This is a full-time position, for a probationary period until the 31st March 2020. Should the project be extended to a second Phase from April 2021 into 2022, and the Aid intervention continued, it is anticipated to extend the contract accordingly.
- Aid-focussed staff in the Government of Palestine and other Takamol counterparts within the PA
- Takamol Project including Centre of Government Component Lead/Deputy Team Leader, Aid Advisor, Team Leader, CoG Advisors.
- Development and Humanitarian Partners in Palestine, including donors, UN Agencies, and Palestine specific bodies e.g. UNSCO, Quartet, UNRWA.
- Experience of implementing institutional reform and building capacity.
- Experience of working with government.
- Experience of ‘the aid business’ i.e. coordination meetings, strategy development, project design, negotiation, planning and delivery.
- Experience of managing and analysing datasets using Excel and similar tools
- A degree level qualification.
- Fluent English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Please click on the ‘apply now’ button to start your application.
For further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the reference number.
Applications close: 12/02/2021
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance.
Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
How to apply
Please follow the link below and apply on website