AIPMS 110:Certificate in International Financial Reporting standards Course
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in International Financial Reporting Standards Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month
Understanding of the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and an appreciation of Corporate Tax Planning Measures is important for any Finance staff involved in preparation of Financial Statements and Tax Compliance & Planning.
All Heads of Finance, Reporting Accountants, Other Senior Finance Staff, Risk & Compliance staff and Internal Audit staff must familiarize themselves with the requirements of IFRS if they are to prepare financial statements that are compliant with IFRS Reporting Requirements. In addition, all Senior Finance Personnel must acquaint themselves with emerging trends in Corporate Tax Compliance & Planning if they are to be effective in managing their organization tax costs and also in mitigating organizational tax exposures.
Why IFFRS Certificate
Finance Personnel who undergo this course are able to engage with their external auditors more effectively in coming up with IFRS Compliant Financial Statements. They also acquire important Tax Planning & Management tips. Specifically, they are able to;-
* Understand and apply IFRS requirements, including accounting policies and disclosures
* Understand financial statement presentation and specific disclosure requirements (operating segments, events after the reporting period, statement of cash flows, related parties, changes in accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates, correction of errors, and discontinued operations)
* Implement the IFRS recognition and measurement rules for assets, liabilities, income, and expenses
* Apply the most recent new and revised IFRS standards on the areas highlighted above.
* Appreciate Corporate Tax Planning Measures
* Appreciate Transfer Pricing Concept and initiate preparation of Transfer pricing Policy
* Understand the concept of Thin Capitalization and risks involved
Summary Course Content
- Presentation of Financial Statements
- Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- Property, Plant and Equipment
- Impairment of Assets
- Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- Deferred Tax
- Investment Properties
- Intangible Assets
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Transfer Pricing-Highlights
- Thin Capitalization
Africa Institute for Project Management Studies was founded in 1999 as a capacity building expert and a development think tank that proposes solutions for development problems facing third world countries . The organization runs programmes in Africa in the Congo, Kenya, Cameron, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi, South Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, Somalia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and South Africa. The organization has over ten years experience working with development partners in capacity building in. We have trained over 5000 development and Business Professionals in various thematic areas.
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs, PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the right alternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 12 Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Three Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute for Project Management Studies
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Online and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com