ALIGN Micro-Grants for Individuals and Organizations
The Advancing Learning and Innovation on Gender Norms (ALIGN) project is inviting proposals for its funding – Micro-Grants for Individuals and Organizations.
The new micro-grant scheme aims to support knowledge generation, synthesis and brokering to understand effective action on the gender norms that underpin gender-based violence in the workplace.
Workplaces include any place where people are engaged in paid work, be it in farming, manufacturing, small businesses or parliaments, for example.
Small-scale projects will be funded, to initiate or build on existing research and practice, to communicate knowledge and experiences, and to inform future action.
Within the broad area of focus on changing norms that contribute to GBV in the workplace, possible areas of focus could include:
- Behaviour change and related scale-up programmes
- Legal reforms, implementation, and enforcement
- Policy development and implementation
- Social movement campaigning for change and support to those affected
- Mass and social media campaigns
- Financial or other types of incentives
- Service or infrastructure improvements
- Engagement with leaders and leadership initiatives
- Tools and strategies for changing hearts and minds, and/or policies that affect norms around GBV.Funding Information & Duration
- Budget size: The maximum budget is £8,000 GBP.
- Duration and commencement: Awards are to be carried out and completed within a 4-month period maximum, anticipated to start within 2 weeks of the contracting arrangements being in place.Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility requirements need to be met to enable assessment by the Review Panel.
Failure to meet any of the criteria below will result in your application not being considered and being excluded for further consideration.
- Eligible organisations and individuals: organisations (corporate or non-profit) based in Africa, Asia or Latin America; individuals from these countries may apply only if affiliated with an organisation/ institution.In any other case, individual applications will not be considered.
- Language of proposals: Applications must be completed in English. Format of application: Only fully completed ALIGN application forms will be accepted: Technical proposal:
- Only ALIGN technical proposals in .doc or .docx format will be accepted – applications in any other format or template will be rejected.
- Word limits as set out in the application form will be strictly enforced. Any text over the word limit specified for each section will be deleted and will not be made available to reviewers, which may compromise application.Financial proposal:
- Only ALIGN excel template will be accepted. Any change to the format will not be accepted.
- Please ensure all costs in the budget are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) and overhead limits.Number of applications permitted: Organisations may submit more than one proposal either as the lead organisation or in partnership with another organisation, provided these are substantively different.
If proposals are not substantively different, the chairs reserve the right to disqualify a proposal for review.
Apply by 27th November.
For more information and application details, see; ALIGN Micro-Grants for Individuals and Organization