Oxfam is convinced that people have the power to end poverty. All they need is an opportunity. Oxfam is committed to make sure everyone gets that chance. That is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to listen to the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve both men and women in our work. Oxfam is a confederation of 20 organizations that works together to increase the impact of its long-term development and humanitarian responses. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to meet our vision… Now we’re looking for yours.
The department Quality, Finance & Control (QFC) within Oxfam Novib Corporate Groups is currently recruiting a
Purpose of the function
As a Controller you deliver (innovative) services, products and support which contribute to the whole organization and Oxfam. You develop (multi-annual) budgets, financial reports, annual accounts in line with reporting standards, (Oxfam) planning and control cycle, set guidelines, procedures, and legislation. You also develop, analyze and advise management and Board of Directors on financial management information and strategic (investment) decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take a leading role in the development of (multi-annual) budgets, financial reports, annual accounts in line with (Oxfam) planning and control cycle, set guidelines, procedures, and legislation;
- develop, analyze and advise management and Board of Directors on management information, including investment decisions and forecasting. Signals deviations and advises on corrective measures;
- signal internal and external trends and relevant legislation, and translates these into policies to support strategic planning for Oxfam Novib;
- providing asked and unasked advice to management on complex projects/topics related to – for instance – external guidelines for reporting, legislation, related parties and within the Oxfam confederation;
- take a leading role in and/or participate in (multidisciplinary) projects, including those in the context of Oxfam;
- set up and maintain monitoring mechanisms for treasury management;
write concise reports and memos in excellent English and communicates the details in a clear and easy to understand way to key stakeholders both internally and externally.
What you’ll need:
- You have at least an HBO (Bachelor) in accountancy, finance or business administration;
- You have a minimum of five years of experience in a similar position, by preference in a project-oriented organization;
- You have working experience in the field of financial management and control;
- You have an excellent command of the English and Dutch language, both in speaking and in writing;
- You can multitask and adapt pro-actively in a changing work environment.
What can Oxfam Novib offer you:
- A responsible and challenging job in which you help to fight poverty and injustice
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a gross salary range between € 2.719 up to € 4.183 based on 36 hours a week.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application via the ‘apply’ button on our websitewww.oxfamnovib.nland include your motivation letter and CV (in English). Your application must be received by September 30, 2018 at the latest. For more information about the position you can contact Lorena Paz, Coordinator QFC,Lorena.Paz.Quintero@oxfamnovib.nl. Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
Interview and assessment (case).
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.