Prosperity Fund Mexico – Energy Strand
Funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the objective of the Energy Strand is to transform Mexico’s economy through energy-driven low-carbon growth, poverty reduction and generation of new market opportunities. The Strand aims to create this more sustainable and inclusive energy sector by creating a larger pipeline of skilled, internationally certified female and male workers, market-ready female and male-owned small and medium enterprises (SMEs), connected, robust local supply chains, and technically proficient female and male regulators who uphold international standards.
DAI has recently won a four-year contract to deliver the Prosperity Fund Mexico Energy Strand Programme. Over the course of the next four years, DAI will develop three locally-run Enterprise Development Centres (EDCs) that will offer targeted workforce skills development, international certifications, apprenticeships, small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) accelerator programmes, mentorship, capacity building for energy regulators through trainings, and government-to-government exchanges. The ultimate goal of these Centres is to leverage local content in the Mexican energy sector to create sustainable energy practices, foster cross-sectoral socio-economic development, and generate new market opportunities.
We are looking for two driven and highly organised Analysts to support the team during the programme’s inception phase (first eight months of the programme – focused on start-up, stakeholder engagement and data analytics) and later during the implementation phase (remaining 2.5 years of the programme – focused on operations, data analytics, thought leadership, stakeholder engagement, events, and course offerings).
The Analysts will work closely with the Team Leader providing first-class technical delivery and data analytics, project management support, and knowledge management/product development.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Technical Delivery and Data Analytics
- Conduct desk-top market research and stakeholder mapping
- Draft, review, edit, and format reports, briefs and PowerPoint decks for technical and administrative programme activities (e.g. writing briefs documenting a stakeholder forum, supporting coordination with relevant stakeholders, or a PPT deck with the outputs of an industrial baseline study)
- Work with Team Lead, Programme Specialists and DAI Technical Specialists to conduct industrial baseline studies and workforce gap assessments that include interviews, data collection, and quantitative analysis
2. Project Management
- Support the Team Leader with the coordination of inception phase-related activities, and monitor programme progress and deliverables
- Set up meetings with partners and external stakeholders, and provide logistical/operational support
- Attend meetings, take minutes, circulate meeting briefs and follow-up action points
- Facilitate information sharing amongst the core Mexico-based leadership team, DAI’s teams in the UK and USA, and relevant programme partners
- Create and maintain comprehensive programme documentation, including maintaining electronic and hard-copy databases and filing systems
- Liaise with the Finance and Operations Assistant to ensure any invoicing is processed on time
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures
3. Knowledge Management and Product Development
- Contribute in a supporting role to the development and maintenance of marketing material and knowledge management products (e.g. one-page brochure for local oil and gas suppliers detailing upcoming course offerings and/or updating programme website content)
- Under the supervision and direction of the Team Leader, coordinate the efforts of external consultants and assist in developing marketing content
- Support the Team Leader and the Programme Director in the preparation of presentation materials related to the execution of the programme
- Once the EDCs have been completed, manage the programme’s technical library by ensuring information is updated, relevant and easily accessible
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar position in Mexico (e.g. energy sector, data analytics, government, international relations and development)
- Excellent organisational skills, proactivity and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven capacity for research and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A team player with a positive “can do” attitude that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment, whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Sound knowledge of project management tools
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Advanced level of MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Political Science, Business Management, Economics, Engineering)
- Availability to take on this assignment in a short notice
- Availability to travel occasionally outside of Mexico City
Reporting and support
The Analysts will be supported and line managed by the Team Leader.
Interested applicants please use the following link to apply directly to DAI:https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cw…