Orgarnization: Iles de Paix
Tu as moins de 31 ans et tu as envie de donner du sens à tes compétences? Vous êtes un expert en microfinance ou en développement commercial?
Iles de Paix recherche une personne diplômée (master ou bachelier) en sciences économiques ou ingénieur commercial pour un contrat de deux ans en Ouganda , financé par le Programme Junior ENABEL outils sur l’agriculture durable.
Veuillez consulter tous les détails du poste sur ce lien et postuler avant le 24 septembre 2018 .
Attention, une excellente maîtrise de l’anglais est indispensable pour ce poste et ce programme n’est accessible qu’aux résidents européens.
- Reference code: UGA.1804 – Junior Expert Microfinance and Digitalisation
- Work location: Uganda, Fort Portal, Iles de Paix, Joint Programme for the promotion of sustainable family farming and the social economy for a fairer world – Mpanga Super Farmers Programme
- Contract type: CDI with terme clause
- Contract duration: 2 years
- Expected contract start date: between 01/02/2019 and 20/04/2019
- Monthly gross salary package: 1.475,01 euro plus reimbursement of accommodation costs and various benefits. Please consult our webpages for more information.
The Mpanga river basin in the Rwenzori region is a predominantly rural zone with a very high population density. In this zone, the farmers are confronted with a rapid degradation of their environment, which is reflected at their level by a deterioration of living conditions, a loss of productivity of their farms, and increased malnutrition among children. Faced with this situation, the integrated management plan of the Mpanga basin (Ministry of the Environment) promotes a transition towards sustainable agriculture which is economically profitable and compatible with the management of natural resources. In this context, identifying and promoting adapted production techniques and the improvement of the position of producers and their organisations in the local economic circuits is a major challenge.
The objective of the project is to improve economic, social and environmental performances of family farms in the Mpanga basin.
The programme is implemented by two local development organisations (JESE and SATNET). It supports the implementation of farmer action research aiming at identifying sustainable agricultural techniques by local farmers, adapted to their needs. The programme also supports families to develop an integrated farm plan as well as to strengthen their storage, processing and marketing activities. Finally, the programme encourages the emergence of a favourable framework for sustainable family farming, by supporting the actions of regional and national platforms active within this domain
The position of Junior Expert in Microfinance and Marketing aims to:
- Promote the development of skills of common local partners of Iles de Paix, Broederlijk Delen and Protos for research in these domains
- Actively contribute to creating inventories of existing and in-depth studies on these topics at the heart of sustainable agriculture, and particularly to promote the establishment of linkages between MFIs and family farmers/ farmers’ cooperatives.
The results from the research should allow Iles de Paix and its partners to be particularly innovative in the domain of the economic performance of family farmers. The inventories and studies will be shared in the exchange platforms of Belgian actors in the sustainable agriculture sector, so as to contribute to the identification of areas of collaboration and synergy between these actors.
Required training/degree (eliminatory on CV):
Master or professionalizing Bachelor in Economics / Commercial Engineer
Required specific knowledge (eliminatory on CV):
Experience in microfinance or business development (min. 6 months)
Preferred assets (not eliminatory on CV):
- Knowledge of microfinance
- Interest in digitalisation: mobile applications
- Analytical mind
- English required
Discover the complete job description.
Veuillez vous référer à l’annonce complète et au POSTULER EN LIGNE sur ce lien, avant le 24 septembre 2018.
Only candidates who meet the following prerequisite admission criteria on 24th September 2018 can apply:
1- At least hold a professional bachelor’s degree or an academic masters, either issued in Belgium or recognized as having equivalent status by competent Belgian authorities. (A professional bachelor degree gives direct access to a profession, unlike academic bachelor degree who only gives access to enrolment in an academic Master’s program).
2- Hold Belgian nationality or be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Union or the Swiss Confederation.
3- Born after 24th September 1987.
4- Able to deliver an extract from their criminal record to prove their behaviour in accordance with the requirements of the job and enjoying full civil and political rights
5- Specific criteria (see profile)
You’ll be asked to provide documents that prove you meet these criteria in case of an actual recruitment for a Junior Expert position.