Deadline: 23 November 2018
The Australian National Commission forUNESCOis seeking applications for its Grant Scheme 2018-19 which is designed to support projects which will further National Commission and UNESCO priorities and objectives.
The grant thereby also contributes to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s (DFAT’s) advancement ofAustralia’s international strategic, security and economic interests including throughbilateral, regional and multilateral engagement on Australian Government foreign, trade and international development policy priorities.
- Attaining qualityeducationfor all and lifelong learning.
- Mobilizing science knowledge and policy for sustainable development.
- Protecting, promoting and transmitting heritage.
- Fostering cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue.
- Building inclusive knowledge societies through information and communication.
- Grant applications up to a maximum of AUD20,000 will be considered. (The Australian National Commission for UNESCO may decide to grant only part of the funding requested.)
- In 2018-19, AUD78,000 overall is available for this Grant Scheme, starting in April 2019.
- Applicants’ project must be completed within 1 year of starting the project.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian organisation that:
- is not currently accredited with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) (i.e. not an AustralianNGOCooperation [ANCP] partner)
- is not-for-profit
- is a legal entity able to enter into a legally binding agreement
- has an Australian Business Name (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- is, where applicable, registered for the purposes of Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- is permanently located in Australia
- is an Australian bank account holder
- and be willing to provide or developchildprotection guidelines for their project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
Applicants are not eligible to apply if they are:
- a for-profit organisation
- a State, Territory or local government agency or organisation
- an organisation currently accredited with DFAT (including ANCP partners)
- an individual
- an unincorporated association
- an organisation not located in Australia
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visitGrant Scheme 2018-19.