Area Coordinator (Nationals Only)
Education Safe from Disasters: Developing an Ecosystem for Comprehensive Schools Safety in the Philippines
The Area Coordinator is primarily responsible for community engagement and coordination in the assigned area. The post-holder ensures an integrated multi-sectoral coordination in the implementation of the project. The post holder will input into the area strategy, play a key role in assessments and ensure community engagement and coordination is cohesive across both the area and for all technical sectors. The Area Coordinator represents Save the Children in her/his geographic scope such as in schools, communities and with stakeholders, e.g. community leaders, government, civil society organization and other agencies as required.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least 3 years of experience in urban community-based development work or its equivalent;
* Strong background on DRR programming and capacity building in urban communities and schools
* Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and engage others effectively
* Ability to engage, coordinate stakeholders and community in a collaborative style; program and project implementation skills including planning, monitoring and evaluating, advocacy and problem solving.
* Willing to work long hours toward the attainment of project objectives and deliverables; Conscientious; Diligent
* Understanding of Save the Children’s methodology and framework on program implementation, an advantage
Fixed Term Position until December 2019 based in Makati City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.