The Norwegian Refugee Council in Iraq is looking for an experienced Area Programme Manager to lead the implementation of integrated programmes in the Central Iraq Area Office based on Kirkuk. This is a new role withing the Area Office and presents as an exciting opportunity to shape programming related to both emergency response and returns.
Duties and responsibilities
The Area Programme Manager based in Kirkuk, has the core responsibility for implementing integrated programmes in the Central Iraq Area. The position is a member of the Area Management Group and will develop programme strategy, represent NRC externally, and deputize the Area Manager as needed.
- Line management for Core Competency (CC) Project Managers and capacity building of the broader programme team.
- Responsible for ensuring programme support to integrated programme, coordination and technical quality in the Area
- Coordinate new emergency responses in the Area
- Work with Core Competency Project Managers to develop programmatic strategy for both emergency response and returns
- Responsible for grants management and all budget allocations in theArea
- Identify funding opportunities and develop funding strategy and forecasts
- Representation in sectorial coordination, clusters and/or working group at the Area level
- Coordination with Donors and other external stakeholders at the area level, in coordination with the Area Manager
- Serve as link to Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Grants Department
- A full Job Description can be found on our website.
Required Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum First Level University/Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience from a management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context, focusing on protection and program implementation
- Core competency expertise
- Experience and ability to lead, manage and build the capacity of a team
- Knowledge of the context in the Middle East, particularly Iraq, an asset
- Experience in emergency program establishment and returns programming
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
- Knowledge of establishing operations in complex and insecure environments
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Arabic is highly desired
What we offer
- Duty station: Kirkuk, Iraq
- Contract Duration: 12 months, with possible extension
- Travel: 30% travel to field sites and Country Office in Erbil
- Salary/benefits: Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers an attractive compensation and benefits package
How to apply
Please click here to see a full Job Description and to apply via the NRC website.