Position Name: Asset Management Officer
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-156
Department: Mission Support Department / General Services Division/Asset Management Office
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line:
The Asset Management Officer reports to the Head of General Services Division.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To manage the Mission asset register and record the asset movements, to update and maintain the asset register in ERP system;
· To perform periodical physical inventory checks and provide required asset-related reports;
· To manage and maintain a comprehensive database of expendable and non-expandable items;
· To follow established Mission SOP, policies and procedures;
· To provide guidance on policies, processes and procedures related to equipment and inventory and to advise Departments as a subject matter expert accordingly;
· To ensure the proper maintenance of the fixed asset register by recording information related to fixed assets and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of such information. Information includes but is not limited to data relating to the stewardship and control of fixed assets, costs related to the acquisition and disposal (including transfers and retirement) of fixed assets, expenditures related to fixed assets, depreciation charges, impairment charges;
· To ensure the accurate compilation of asset under construction project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related project has been completed;
· To investigate if conditions of potential impairment of fixed assets exist and implement and monitor the annual impairment review process;
· To investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets and implement and monitor the annual useful life review process;
· To coordinate with property appraisal focal points to ensure that property values are complete and accurate;
· To undertake analysis for fixed assets on a regular basis and oversee the proper maintenance of financial records in accordance with the Mission SOPs;
· To ensure accuracy and integrity of information in fixed asset register by monitoring the established system of controls, procedures and forms for the recording of fixed assets;
· To implement SOPs and analysing financial records; monitor compliance with accounting and SOPs;
· To support the property management function by making recommendations on improvement of asset utilization and disposal, review and update standard costs to be applied in the system of records for fixed asset acquisitions;
· To act as knowledge expert on ERP Asset Management Module and asset settlement processes;
· To replace other section officers as requested;
· To undertake any other related task as requested by the Line Manager(s).
3. Mission Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To analyse and find solutions for effective and pragmatic asset management.
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police and/or military education or training or equivalent rank. The qualification should be in any of the fields of Logistics, Administration or other related fields; AND
· A minimum of 4 years’ relevant professional experience, in the field of, Logistics, Administration or Asset Management, after having fulfilled the education requirements;
· Proven hands-on experience on asset management and inventory related duties in a large organisation or in international organization;
· Experience in report drafting and writing.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of current technologies for Asset Management, Warehousing, Supply Chain Management;
· Knowledge of asset management principles and practices in international organisations;
· Knowledge of the general administrative and financial procedures used in organizations related to logistics and supply chain management;
· Good command of spoken and written English including job specific vocabulary;
· Good computers skills in able to keep electronic records, use electronic document management system;
· Advance level Excel skill required.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· International mission experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organisations, in a similar position.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience and knowledge in working with ERP and electronic document management systems;
· Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
· Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
· Persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
· Remains calm in stressful situations.
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…