GROOTS Kenya is a national movement of 3,500 women-led, community based organizations spread out in different counties of Kenya including ; Laikipia, Kilifi, Kitui, Busia, Kakamega, Homa bay, Migori, Murang’a, Nakuru, Kiambu, Nairobi, Tana River, Nyandarua, Isiolo, Marsabit counties. We were founded in 1995, after the Beijing Conference and our mission is to facilitate grassroots women’s effective engagement in development through movement building, leadership development and advocacy. GROOTS Kenya works in poor rural areas, urban and peri-urban informal settlements, where gender inequalities are highest.
We are seeking the services of anAssistant Finance Managerto join our Finance, HR & Administration Department. The Assistant Finance Manager will report to the Finance Manager and work with other departmental colleagues including the accountant, administrator and Admin assistant.
Specific Tasks for the Assistant finance Manager include
- Act as the Finance manager for the period August-October 2020 while the Finance Manager is on leave
- Review and approve all financial transactions to ensure they are accurately processed in Microsoft Navision, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Track the inward & outward movement of funds into the organization accounts and monitor bank accounts.
- Work closes with program staff to develop donor and program proposal budgets.
- Generate monthly management financial reports and donor reports as per donor reporting requirements
- Monitor all expenditure in compliance with organization’s policy and donor requirements and recommend corrective actions where necessary.
- Attend appropriate meeting and make financial presentations on behalf of the organization.
- Provide leadership in annual and project audits, partners’ financial reviews.
- Manage payroll, ensure accurate and timely allocation of staff salaries in compliance with the approved budget.
- Support in management of GROOTS SACCO financial data management (I day per week)
- Support and supervise the accountant and administrative staff.
- Oversee and provide leadership in procurement of goods and services as per the organizational policy
- Real-time review and approval of staff imprest to ensure compliance with GROOTS Kenya Finance policy
- Support staff to adhere to the organizational internal control framework
- Review and approve monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Executive Director.
Ø A bachelor’s degree in commerce, accounting or any business related field from a recognized university.
Ø CPA qualifications is mandatory
Ø Experience in using Microsoft Navision is mandatory
Ø 3 years relevant experience in a Not for profit organization
Ø Experience working with multiple donors such as EU, USAID, WORLD BANK, DFID and UN agencies
Ø Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects
Ø Prior experience managing an annual budget of $ 1-1.5Million
Ø Proficiency in computer applications mostly Ms Excel.
Ø High numerical and analytical skills
Ø Ability to prioritize, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision.
Ø Maximum payable for this post is KShs 90,000.This is a long term position
How to apply
Applications (CV Only) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5thMay 2020. Successful candidates will commence work in the month of June 2020.