United for Hope is a fast-growing international NGO with roots in Germany and registration in France, India and most recently USA.
Our Smart Village strategy combines education and entrepreneurial business opportunities to transform the lives of India’s rural poor.
We work with and for underserved villagers to address community issues and build new attitudes and structures. It’s time and resource intensive – but it works.
We have successfully implemented wide-ranging social development programmes in our pilot smart village in Uttar Pradesh, Northern India. We organise projects in three overarching areas: social enterprise, education and community support.
Our approach is both for-profit and non-profit, and requires investment and commitment from those being served.
We are searching for an Intern assistant to the Director for a minimum of 6 months (longer preferred) located in our community centre in the village of Tirmasahun, Uttar Pradesh, India. Duration March 2019 or earlier onwards for 6 months or more. For employment periods of 9 months or longer, some offsite or remote working may be possible (due to weather conditions).
Main tasks include:
· Right-hand man/woman to Director in all matters
· Creation of first rate presentations, pitches, financial documents, reporting and communication materials
· Grant research and writing and partnership development
· Assist in execution of onsite project activities according to skill and interest (teaching, awareness work, business development, program planning and optimisation etc)
· All other tasks as required
The Intern needs the following skills:
- BA or MA in related topic (Development, International Management, Sustainability etc) or previous experience in the same area or strong interest in these fields
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English. German or Hindi would be a bonus but not essential
- Advanced skills in Powerpoint and Excel. Design skills a bonus
- Willingness to combine field and office work daily
- Excellent research, communication and coordination skills
- Proactive, creative, industrious and flexible character – someone willing to go the extra mile and interested in leaving their comfort zone
- Ability & willingness to live and work in rural India in shared accommodation
- Interest in India and ability to connect to people
Flight/visa cost is not covered but shared onsite accommodation with domestic staff (cooking and laundry covered), western facilities, solar energy, clean water and internet is provided at no cost. A monthly allowance is given to the intern to cover living expenses.