Organization: International AIDS Society
About the IAS:
The mission of the International AIDS Society (IAS) is to lead collective action on every front of the global HIV response through its membership base, scientific authority, and convening power.
Founded in 1988, the IAS is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members from more than 180 countries working on all fronts of the global AIDS response. Together, we advocate and drive urgent action to reduce the global impact of HIV.
The IAS is the steward of the world’s two most prestigious HIV conferences – the International AIDS Conference and the IAS Conference on HIV Science. These conferences have established a gold-standard meeting that convenes the world’s top scientists, civil society members and policymakers to jointly discuss the fight against HIV.
We promote and invest in HIV advocacy and research on key issue areas through our strategic programmes, initiatives, and campaigns that advocate for urgent action to reduce the global impact of HIV, including increased investment in HIV cure research; optimizing treatment and care for infants, children and adolescents with HIV in resource-limited settings; preventing and treating HIV-related co-infections; and expanding access to prevention, treatment and care for key populations at higher risk for HIV – such as men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, sex workers and transgender individuals – including protecting their human rights by combatting punitive laws and discriminatory policies.
More information on IAS can be found at www.iasociety.org.
Details of Employment:
The Associate C&E Project Manager position will be based in Geneva, Switzerland and report to the C&E Manager. The position is open-ended and full-time to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will responsible for assisting the Congress & Exhibition (C&E) department with the logistics/organization of the IAS/AIDS Conferences. He or she will work closely with a Project Manager for each of the below listed projects as needed and requested by the C&E Manager.
The incumbent may manage and assist with the following projects:
- Registration – Liaise with the registration supplier on a daily basis, coordinate specific registration requests as well as exhibitor, satellite and internal registrations such as staff, supplier, organizer, VIP registrations, supervise the registration mailboxes, prepare registration templates, work closely with the C&E Manager with the overall coordination of the project
- Conference Material (bags, lanyards, badges) – Select and contract the respective suppliers, coordinate the overall project
- Satellite and exhibition orders – Help setting up and managing the ordering system for satellite holders and exhibitors, help coordinating the exhibitor and satellite organizer requests, help coordinating additional satellite and exhibition orders with the selected suppliers and be point person for them onsite, along with the Associate Project Manager / Project Manager
- Info Desk Onsite – Collect and prepare the material for the onsite info desk
- Onsite Kick-Off Meeting – Organize and coordinate the onsite kick-off meeting together with the Volunteer Project Manager
· Local Charitable Giving and Local Donation Programme – Select and liaise with an organization for the Local Charitable Giving Programme, coordinate the Onsite Donation Programme
· Printed Matters – Select and liaise with designer and printing company, create project timeline for work planning, ensuring deadlines are met, ensure appropriate artwork / templates are created and content submitted and approved.
Perform any additional tasks requested by the C&E Manager.
*Duties are subject to change as the needs of the conference and organization evolve.
- A degree in business, events or hospitality management, or a related field is favorable.
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings, committees or events
- Experience with AV projects in the conference or events industry
- Experience working with event management or ordering systems
- Experience working with sponsors and/or high-level partners, a plus
- Experience working for international organizations or abroad, a plus.
- Strong technical savvy
- Advanced computer skills in the Windows environment (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Attention to detail
- Be organized and systematic
- Ability to work independently and handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, meet deadlines and occasionally work overtime
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Open-minded and a good team player.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to email@example.com.** The applications will be selected on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates from Switzerland, from an EU/EFTA country or candidates already having a valid Swiss working permit will be considered.
IAS employees are evidence-based, human rights-focused, inclusive and accountable partners in the HIV response. Candidates should display genuine commitment to IAS values (learn more here).
The IAS is committed to recruiting and sustaining a skilled, effective, diverse and gender-balanced secretariat, and to the greater involvement of people living with HIV (GIPA) in all aspects of its work. People living with or affected by HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.