Organization:Amigos de las Americas
POSITION TITLE: Associate Project Director
LOCATION: Latin America (Various Locations Available)
TRAVEL: 7-day spring training in Houston DURATION: 11 – 14 weeks over summer
COMPENSATION: Round trip airfare to project location, room and board for the duration of the project, transportation during the program and a $2,500 stipend (+$500 for returning Senior Staff).
Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with US and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas. Our strong partner network, built over 50 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region.
The Associate Project Director (APD)works in partnership with the Project Director (PD) and Senior Project Supervisor (SPS). The APD shares responsibility for planning, implementing and evaluating the program, supervising Project Staff, and enhancing relationships with partner agencies. One of them main responsibilities of the APD is to manage the project budget and train and support the Project Staff to submit accurate and complete budget reports weekly. The Associate Project Director also coordinates with the Project Director to plan and manage logistical aspects of the project including transportation, lodging, materials purchasing and tracking, etc. The Senior Staff team has the opportunity to define their working relationship and divide tasks and responsibilities according to skill and interests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Experience working internationally in the developing world.
- Agree to be on-call for 3-4 months of the duration of the summer program.
- Completion of all online, webinar, and in-person trainings.
- Excellent group facilitation skills and previous experience working directly with high school youth of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn customer relationship management software.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervised and supported by Project Director and Regional Director.
- Maintains communication with Summer Project Staff and Programs Department.
- Collaborates with the Senior Project Staff to create a successful working relationship, dividing responsibilities to promote effective completion of tasks.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior experience on AMIGOS Project Staff.
- Understands & effectively communicates AMIGOS mission, vision, and core program components.
- Complies with all AMIGOS policies and procedures.
- Responds appropriately to crisis situations.
- Exemplifies fiscal responsibility and effective budget management.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork & communication skills.
- Demonstrates responsible decision making and creative and constructive problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates effective time-management skills and self care.
- Facilitates training methodologies that are appropriate for a diversity of learners and demonstrates confidence speaking in public.
- Uses tact and sensitivity in interactions with all AMIGOS constituents (eg. professionalism, proper attire, culturally sensitive communication with partner agencies).
- Provides effective support and guidance for diverse youth volunteers.
- Communicates effectively in English & Spanish.
- Implements positive community development strategies with host communities & partner agency representatives.
- Utilizes effective methodologies for evaluating AMIGOS projects and making recommendations for the future
- Successfully mobilizes resources for the project.
- Reports to Project Director and Regional Director.
- Supervises a team of 4-8 project supervisors.
- In communication as needed with on-call staff.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Working knowledge of English and Spanish (spoken and written).
Round trip airfare to project location, room and board for the duration of the project, transportation during the program and a $2,500 stipend (+$500 for returning Senior Staff).
- Review full job description and responsibilities athttps://amigosinternational.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/2019-Summer-I…
- Fill out an application athttps://amigosinternational.org/apply/
- Submit resume, cover letter, and two recommendation letters.