Deadline: 14 November 2018
The Australian Government is seeking applications for the 2ndround of its Global Innovation Linkages Program to assist Australian businesses and researchers to collaborate with global partners on strategically focused, leading-edge research and development projects. The program will support projects focussed on developing high quality products, services or processes that will respond to industry challenges.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- build linkages with global economies to enableAustraliato improve research and business performance, and access international supply chains and global markets
- contribute to improving the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian and global economies in line with government priorities
- foster high quality solutions to identified end user challenges through international collaborative research partnerships between industry entities, research organisations and global partners
- encourage and facilitate SME participation in collaborative
- The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs (grant percentage).
- The maximum grantfundingamount per project is AU$1 million (exclusive of GST).
The maximum grant period is four years.
Applicant’s project must be in at least one of the following priority areas. In application, applicants will need to select a primary priority area for their project.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Food and Agribusiness
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources
- Cyber Security
Eligible activities must be directly related to the project and can include:
- joint industry research projects with Australian partners and global partners
- conferences, workshops, symposia related to the joint research
- exchanges and secondments of personnel between Australia and global economies for purposes related to the joint research
- new research–related information sharing and communication initiatives related to the joint research
- clinical trials
- proof of concept activities
- pre-commercialisation of research outcomes
- work with one or more Growth Centres to develop research outcomes that meet the strategic priorities identified by industry partners.
- To be eligible for grant funding applicants must apply as a lead organisation on behalf of partners who have agreed to collaborate to undertake eligible activities.
- To be eligible lead organisation applicants must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
- and be one of the following eligible entities:
- an Australian incorporated entity
- a Publicly Funded Research Organisation (PFRO)
- a Cooperative Research Centre.
- The project partners must include at least:
- one Australian industry entity and
- one Australian research organisation and
- one global
- To be eligible for grant funding, application must:
- provide a project funding strategy for the Australian project activities, including evidence of the matched funding and/or in-kind contributions from partners
- provide an outline of the global partners’ project activities including their anticipated funding.
- Only the lead organisation can submit the application form and enter into the grant agreement with the Commonwealth. Applicants can partner on multiple applications but they can only apply as the lead organisation for two applications in the grant round.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visitGlobal Innovation Linkages Program.