Deadline: 29 October 2018
The Australian High Commission in Port Louis is inviting applications for Direct Aid Program 2018-19 which is funded by the Australian Government in over 60 overseas Embassies and High Commissions.
The primary objective of the DAP is to achieve a practical and tangible humanitarian or developmental outcome in vulnerable communities. DAP funds activities that have a direct, practical and immediate impact.
- In 2018-19, the High Commission’s DAP will prioritise projects which support:
- The High Commission will look favourably at projects that have a disability focus.
Applicants must seek a grant between AUD$20,000 to AUD$60,000.
- DAP funding is available for reputable community groups, local or international NGOs, academic institutions, research bodies, local government agencies or other organisations engaged in development activities in ODA-eligible countries on a not-for-profit basis.
- Applications can be submitted for projects in Mauritius (including Rodrigues), Comoros and Madagascar. Regional projects including Seychelles participants may be considered but due to ODA eligible criteria, DAP funds are not able to be used to fund this component and must be covered by other funding sources.
- Applications may be submitted by individuals or businesses on behalf of an NGO or other implementing organisation as part of a partnership. In this case, the applying organisation must take responsibility for the management and acquittal of DAP funds. The implementing organisation must be involved in preparing the application, and be available to be contacted to verify the funds being applied for on their behalf.
Preference is given to projects which:
- show tangible and practical development outcomes and have involved beneficiaries in identifying, designing and managing the project;
- are innovative and creative, particularly those using technology;
- comply with local laws and have the demonstrated support of local authorities, including traditional leaders, district councils/assemblies and local governments;
- pay special attention to youth and gender issues; children and other disadvantaged groups; and
- projects must be sustainable. Proposals need to demonstrate a commitment on the part of beneficiaries to implement the activities and maintain them beyond the conclusion of the project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program 2018-19.