Our three-day training will revolutionize the way you work on humanitarian, development, social change, and environmental justice initiatives both professionally and personally.
- CRITICAL THINKING:You will develop the skills to think critically about the systematic challenges facing our sector and wider society and your role in solving them.
- LEADERSHIP FOR IMPACT:We will develop you as a leader and make you more effective in bringing about positive change and lasting impact.
- TRANSFORMATIVE PROGRAMMING:Justice and rights are the cornerstone of humanitarian, development, social change, and environmental work. With a Justice Based Approach, we reflect on why — after 25 years of rights-based approaches — inequality, environmental destruction, discrimination, and impunity are bigger challenges than ever before. During the training, we take cutting-edge approaches one step further by addressing the significant gaps that still exist in human rights based programming. Addressing power and privilege through critical thinking and reflection improves our effectiveness for grounded change led by the people we serve. We will develop your ability to ask challenging questions and share tools with you that will transform the way you design programmes, lead your teams and live your life.
Our trainings are participatory, innovative and proven to be incredibly impactful.
We will critically challenge and explore many assumptions about methodology and practice in the following areas:
- Strategic Leadership
- Programme Design
- Evidence-based decision making
- Participatory Approaches
- System Analysis
- Privilege and Power
- Rights Based Programming
- Monitoring and Evaluation for Learning
- Ethics and Accountability
We will also explore a number of innovative and exciting practical approaches that you can apply to your work.
The training will challenge you, inspire you and give you the tools to lead environmental, social change, development and humanitarian work that is truly transformative.
This training is designed for leaders and potential leaders of development and humanitarian agencies, as well as anyone that wants to create positive social change or environmental impact in their work, life and community. We welcome participants from all levels of organisations and from diverse departments to the training, which creates a rich mix of experience and perspectives.
We have so far trained 600 people from over 200 organisations in a Justice Based Approach from across Asia. After receiving a lot of requests, we have decided to return to Asia with a series of eight more trainings in 2019. We will be returning to Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar, Timor Leste, Laos and Cambodia and bringing our training to Sri Lanka, Papua New Guinea and the UK for the first time.
See our website for full schedule.
$450 USD per participant. A 10% group discount is available for groups of 10 or more participants. Fees are per participant for the full three-day training. This includes: – Three full days of training led by highly experienced facilitators with decades of combined experience in this field. – The training includes over 21 hours of training sessions – Better Development Resource Pack containing notes from every session and a pre-prepared presentation and session plan so that you can hold a sharing session back with your colleagues, wider network and community – Ongoing access to our online community of social change makers, including optional quarterly Learning Calls for ongoing professional development – Lunch and two refreshment breaks each day Bursaries are available. Please get in touch for more information.
Please book on our website atwww.unitededge.net/eventsby clicking on the ‘BOOK HERE’ button.
Many of our trainings do become oversubscribed, so you are encouraged to book as soon as possible.