The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC’s Global Partnerships and Philanthropy (GPP) department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s private sector resources (financially contributing circa USD200m per annum, as well as key partnerships and influence that support our mission), and plays an important strategic role in the creation of IRC’s brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals.
The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. GPP comprises colleagues and teams delivering marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships, brand stewardship and communications to support this work. These colleagues are primarily located in the USA at present – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global fundraising footprint. Other colleagues within IRC are also deeply engaged with private funding & partners – in particular within Europe, US Resettlement and field programmes – and we need to work in close integrated collaboration to ensure best use of resources and highest impact for IRC.
GPP has begun delivering a new radical and ambitious 2020 Private Sector Engagement strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income, partnership and awareness. At the same time – believing that the root of our success lies in a high performance team and culture – we need to build our internal infrastructure, ensure we build a strong global team, a dynamic culture, a forward thinking ethos, and establish 21st century analytics, reporting, operational and business management practices that will help us achieve our ambitious goals.
Job Overview / Summary
The Board Relations Manager is primarily responsible for the operational and editorial support key to maintaining all aspects of IRC’s Board of Director and Overseers.
- Assume a leadership role in planning tasks to execute high-level meetings and events, such as Board and Committee meetings, including but not limited to, coordinating scheduling across departments and with key Board members, tracking RSVPs and final attendee lists in Salesforce, preparing bound packets with meeting materials, working with IT and Customer Service to ensure the room and tech needs are fully setup, attending meetings and taking minutes/notes, and troubleshooting as needed day of to ensure that everything runs smoothly. Work with external vendors and partners as needed.
- Support Board Relations Senior Officer in the management of Salesforce such as data and activity entry, cleaning records, managing salutations and preferences, updating contact information, and submitting cases and running reports.
- Lead on completing reporting requirements for grants and internal audits across country and USP programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the entire organization on projects (mailings, events, grant proposals, etc.) that involve multiple stakeholders.
- Support other projects, such as special events, special board initiatives and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Ensure excellent Board stewardship through requisite events, mailings, and meetings.
External Relationship Management Responsibilities:
- Craft and/or copy edit high-level board communications, such as e-mail messages, letters, invitations and reports. This includes drafting communications to go from the CEO.
- Respond by e-mail and phone to Board and Overseer requests, such as but not limited to requests for program or other related IRC information, internship and job recommendations, and events.
- Support Board Relations Senior Officer and other PMs on portfolio management through advice on strategic use of Salesforce, communications and cultivation opportunities.
• Previous work experience in an office setting.
• Experience working with nonprofits.
• Passion for humanitarian work.
• Experience working in a non-profit development department.
• Experience working with external partners (clients, donors, or the like).
• Experience in meeting or event/conference planning.
• Experience in working with Board of Directors.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Solid Microsoft Office, including Outlook, and database management skills;
• Experience with SalesForce or other donor database management system.
• Proven organizational and time management skills: the ability to work accurately and productively in a fast-paced environment and respond/adapt to shifting priorities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills: the ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external contacts;
• Strong listening skills and the ability to accurately follow directions;
• Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to deadlines;
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently;
• Comfortable working directly with Board and Overseers member;
• Commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality of donor information.
Internal:This position reports to the Senior Office of Board Relations. This position will work with teams from across all of IRC’s major departments including International Programs, U.S. Programs, Policy and Practice, Officer Services, and the President’s office.
External:This position will have interaction with members of the Board and Overseers.
This role may require working remotely full or part time (i.e., telecommuting). Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.
Applications to be submitted on:https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&i…