Who are we?
ShelterBox is committed to working towards a future where no family goes without shelter, but we have our work cut out for us. In 2016, around 85 million people were displaced by conflict and natural disasters. Some projections suggest that this figure will grow to 200 million within 10 years.
ShelterBox is made up of people who believe in shelter as a human right – that shelter from the chaos of disaster and conflict is vital. No ifs. No buts. We’re working to change this by providing emergency shelter.
We don’t believe that one size fits all. We work hard to understand the impact of each emergency and the need this creates within individual communities.
We deliver aid to the four corners of the earth, reaching people in need by standing on strong shoulders.
We are fortunate to have the help of an amazing network of global affiliates, partners like Rotary International, supporters worldwide, and an army of dedicated volunteers.
Our highly trained ShelterBox response teams then go the extra mile to find the people left most vulnerable after a disaster – to make sure that no one gets forgotten or left behind. Founded and based in the county of Cornwall, in only sixteen years ShelterBox has grown into a major force in international humanitarian aid.
Do you have the skills, personality and compassion to help us write our next chapter? This is an exciting time at ShelterBox as we grow our reach and the impact of our work. We are looking for people to help us expand, develop and excel. People with big hearts and big dreams. We are impatient to see a world where no family is left without shelter. Are you?
This role will work closely with all parts of the communications (and wider) team to develop, deliver and drive digital content for projects, activities and campaigns.
Supporting the Content & Brand Manager, the successful candidate will help deliver a range of projects that bring ideas alive on digital. The successful candidate will aim to engage and increase digital audiences, raising awareness of the vital work of ShelterBox. These projects will encourage audiences to support our work and help to position ShelterBox as a prominent expert in emergency shelter and international development.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative talent, with excellent attention to detail. You must be highly proficient in Adobe creative suite and be able to demonstrate excellent digital copywriting skills.
It is also a requirement of this role to be proficient in Premier Pro, Indesign, Photoshop and After Effects. With a strong creative approach you’ll also be quick to pick up new ideas and concepts.
The successful candidate will have experience in practical photography and film. You will need to be able to confidently pick up a camera and capture ShelterBox footage.
You will also need to be self-motivated, with a can-do approach. It is necessary to confidently manage multiple projects across a variety of teams. Therefore, you will also need be flexible in supporting the wider team, thinking strategically, with an ability to focus on both long and short-term objectives.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
· Use raw material gathered and generated by the Brand and Content team, to produce different types of content including films clips, photography, animation, graphics and infographics, gifs, blogs, and other innovative digital materials to bring campaigns to life across our digital channels.
· Produce, edit and use film, audio and photography.
· Shoot photography (and video) on location in the UK at events
· Write and edit copy for digital formats.
· Ensure all digital content follows the ShelterBox brand guidelines and tone of voice.
Planning and team working
· Be an integral part of project planning, offering creative ideas and advice for bringing projects and campaigns to life for digital audiences.
· Understand the need for multiple stakeholder engagement.
· Use audience insights to inform plans.
· Offer knowledge of best practice and innovations from other organisations and sectors.
· Taking ownership of the end-to-end delivery and execution process
· Help to manage our ShelterBox photography, film and audio equipment for staff and volunteers.
· Help to deliver ongoing, quality training for our Response Team volunteers and content gatherers
· Support the measurement based approach of the Brand & Content team by contributing to monthly reporting as well as spotting trends and opportunities.
· Help to develop and implement a content strategy
· Working with the team explore opportunities to utilise content to drive brand stories and to help develop ShelterBox’s tone of voice and strong, multimedia storytelling.
· Any other specific projects given by the Brand & Content manager.
· Highly proficient Adobe CS skills – Premier Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
· Excellent written skills, particularly for digital
· Familiarity with a variety of camera and sound equipment.
· Sound understanding of how to optimise content.
· Sound understanding of usability practices and content tagging.
· Knowledge of using digital channels to target groups, increase engagement and influence community behaviour.
· Knowledge of social media best practices
· Use of content management systems.
If you think you meet the requirements below and would like to join us, please find an application form atwww.shelterbox.org/jobs.
You must hold existing rights to work in the UK.