Internal/ External Vacancy Notice
The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Baghdad
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity).
Location: Iraq – Baghdad
Date of Issue: 10 February 2021
Deadline for applications: 24 February 2021
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization, which has been working in Iraq for more than 30 years. Its exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavors to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Buyer will ensure the work of the Logistics is managed efficiently and effectively in line with the established guidelines, supports the procurement process and regularly liaises with the other units. The Buyer will purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the organization operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. In addition, the successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard work, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and logistics.
- Follow up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform with specifications and contract details.
- Manage, follow up on, files and scans invoices and related documents.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Spontaneously or on request, conducts market surveys and analysis for prices and quality benchmarking and submit reports to superior.
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering.
- 3 – 5 years experience in procurement of construction/ civil work goods and services.
- 2 years’ of work experience in a similar position.
- Certifications in purchasing, procurement or supply-chain management preferred.
- Computer proficiency.
- Very good command of English and Arabic written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of the local supplier market.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Beneficiary and Client Focus
- Attention to details
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
- Interested candidates should forward the following to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization
whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal
violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).