Training Agency: Asian Resource Foundation
Registration deadline: 30 Oct 2018
Training date: 11 Nov 2018 to 15 Nov 2018 —
Course Description: The goal of the Training of Trainers (TOT) on Result Based Management, Monitoring and Evaluation (RBM-M&E) is to give the trainers the background knowledge, skills and practical experience in order to make them capable of delivering the knowledge and technical assistance to the communities and their partners/organizational staff. It also aims at improving management effectiveness and accountability by defining realistic expected results, monitoring progress toward the achievement of expected results, integrating lessons learned into management decisions and reporting on performance.
RBM is a management strategy by which all actors ensure that their processes, products and services contribute to the achievement of desired results (outputs, outcomes and higher level goals or impact). The actors in turn use information and evidence on actual results to inform decision making on the design, resourcing and delivery of programmes and activities as well as for accountability and reporting.
During the last decade, result based management (RBM) has gained much influence in international cooperation.
Differentiating between Project Cycle Management (PCM) and Results Based Management (RBM) is quite important because of the current uptake of the last. It is very interesting to realize that although RBM is in full congruence with the PCM (and LFA) concepts, tools and techniques, it is even more emphasizing on the quality and accountability aspect of service delivery.
RBM particularly focuses on reporting and corrective action established by assessing Actual Results versus Planned Results. A regular and institutionalized Monitoring and Evaluation system will need to gather information about achievement of Results at any level in the Logical Framework Matrix (Outputs, Outcome, Purpose & Overall Objectives).
RBM has consequences for the entire organisation: for project planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning. Learning how to design a solid RBM framework – in various forms – is a good first step to integrate RBM in your organisation.
After completing the TOT on RBM, participants will be able to:
• Explain the concept of RBM and put it into practice by linking it with project designing, planning, implantation and evaluation phases.
• Use effective instructional methods.
• Deliver the training and technical assistance components of the Communities That Care system with fidelity.
• Fulfill the responsibilities of a certified trainer.
• Understand the philosophy and principles of RBM
• Develop Result Based Indicators, M&E Plan for their identified projects.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Logical Framework Approach (LFA).
• Theory of Change and strategic results framework.
• Insights in different RBM frameworks (e.g. Logical Framework, Theory of Change).
• Be able to use the Logical Framework Approach in their own fields of work for the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects
• Understand how to apply Results-Based Management throughout the project cycle management.
• The implications of RBM for your organisation in terms of organisational capacity, and cooperation with key actors/ stakeholders
• The use of evidence from monitoring and evaluation in decision-making
• Ensuring quality and accountability in humanitarian and development programmes by focusing on CHS (Core Humanitarian Standards)
Onsite Registration: Professionals: $350 Academic /Scholars: $325 Students: $275 For more information regarding application form please contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find the link attached here for more information.