Training Agency:The May 18 Memorial Foundation
Registration deadline:23 Jun 2019
Training date:23 Aug 2019to03 Sep 2019—
The May 18 Academy is an intensive educational program for human rights and democracy activists from all around the world. Since its inception in 2004, over 310 NGO workers and activists from over 50 countries participated in and graduated the program. This year, the Foundation will select 15 invitees.
This year’s Academy will focus on refugee issues/problems and their possible solutions. The participants will be selected in a way to ensure diversity in terms of professional and academic backgrounds, religion, ethnicity, gender, and field of interests. The selected participants are expected to attend all the Academy sessions and actively participate in them.
The 2019 May 18 Academy Application Guidelines
The Foundation will only consider the applicants who comply with the application guidelines and regulations. Hence, applicants are advised to read the guidelines in the 2019 May 18 Academy Application Form before applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered (See the application form for more details).
● Applicants should ensure that they have no potential visa problems. If an applicant’s entry to Korea is denied because of their personal circumstances, the Foundation will not be liable for this matter.
● The May 18 Memorial Foundation will cover selected participants’ international airfares between their home countries and Korea, accommodation and meals during the program.
● However, the applicant must cover their domestic transportation in both their home countries and Korea, including domestic flights in the home country, visa fees, and other personal expenses during the program.
● If you wish to extend your stay in Korea for leisure or for other reasons, you are responsible for the entire extra cost.
● If a selected applicant decides not to participate in the May 18 Academy, the Foundation will not accept any application from their organization for three years.
Application Deadline:Sunday, 23 June 2019, 18:00 (Korea Standard Time: GMT +09:00)
● First Screening Results: Friday, 28 June by email to shortlisted applicants only
● English Proficiency Interview: Tuesday, July 2 via Skype
● Final Results: Friday, July 5 via Foundation website
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their Application Form along with required documents (kindly refer to this link: bit.ly/2IukEVf) firstname.lastname@example.org the deadline.
For questions and inquiries, you may send an email email@example.com