GROOTS Kenya is a network of over 3,500 women-led community-based organizations and self-help groups, present in 16 out of the 47 counties of Kenya. GROOTS Kenya was founded in 1995 out of the need to propel grassroots women’s participation to develop and enhance their effective participation in mainstream development. In Kenya, 76% of the population relies on biomass for cooking, which has serious implications for public health (including an estimated 15,000 deaths linked to indoor air pollution), as well as the environment, women’s well-being and economic development opportunities (Stockholm Environmental Institute report, 2016). Kenya is among the countries leading in distributing of clean cook stoves in Africa, but more people especially in poor rural communities still depend on traditional cooking technologies that are inefficient. The overall objective of this consultancy is identify business opportunities for grassroots women entrepreneurs in improved cooks and fuels.
· Undertake an market need analysis for improved clean cook stoves and fuels and the business opportunities for grassroots women entrepreneurs in Kitui & Kiambu Counties
· Support in a participatory development of a business strategy for grassroots women entrepreneurs in response to the above market analysis
· Market Survey Report on improve cook stoves and fuel for women entrepreneurs in Kitui & Kiambu
· A business strategy for grassroots women entrepreneurs in response to the above market analysis
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Bachelors’ degree in relevant studies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in business & cooking energy sector
- Good analytical and writing skills.
Send application documents email@example.com close of business on 14thOctober 2018:
- A technical, detailing how the consultant will execute the above assignment (5 pages maximum)
- Financial proposal
- Work plan on how they will execute the assignment
- Individual consultant CV