Organization: Abt Associates
CALL FOR EXPERTS
Abt Associates seeks interested and qualified candidates for a potential task order under the Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) 7 IDIQ. FEWS NET 7 is a complex global program designed to deliver early warning of hazards, food insecurity, vulnerability to food insecurity, and famine to USAID and other U.S. Government agencies, as well as bilateral and multi-lateral donors, national governments and regional, international, and non-governmental organizations.
The task order headquarters office will be in the Washington D.C. area, with presence in more than 20 country and regional project offices. The project will build the capacity of technical partners in participating countries in the areas of early warning and food security monitoring, assessment, and analysis to contribute to the program’s objective to sustainably prevent food insecurity and famine.
We are seeking technical experts across a number of areas/specialties, including:
- Markets and trade
- Climate and water resilience
- Food security/chronic food insecurity
- Analytical and decisions support
- Conflict and humanitarian response
- University degree/graduate degree preferred in economics, food security, data analysis, public policy, or other relevant FEWS NET area
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in one or more of the above listed technical specialties
- Minimum 3 years of field experience in developing or crisis-affected countries
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Prior direct or indirect experience with FEWS NET preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively and meet deadlines in high-pressure settings
- Fluency in English required/competency in a second language spoken in FEWS NET countries is desirable
Please submit the following to EarlyWarning@abtassoc.com: Updated CV and cover letter. Please include “FEWS NET Call for Experts” in the email subject line.