Deadline: 30 October 2018
The Strategic Support Program for Scientific Research (PASRES) of Côte d’Ivoire and the Uganda Council for Science and Technology (UNCST) supported by Theme 3 of the Science Granting Councils Initiative (SGCI) has announced the launch of a call for joint research projects in the fields of Agriculture and Health.
This call for joint research projects is the realization of the scientific partnership agreement between the Strategic Support Program for Scientific Research (PASRES) of Côte d’Ivoire and the Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST), which will allow selected joint research teams to benefit from funding over a period of one year.
The SGCI aims to design and implement joint research projects involving researchers affiliated with research institutions, public universities in Côte d’Ivoire and Uganda.
Specific objectives of this call are :
- to find technological and scientific solutions for the societal challenges of Côte d’Ivoire and Uganda in the areas of Agriculture and Health;
- Strengthen collaboration between researchers and research institutes and universities in Côte d’Ivoire and Uganda;
- Promote the development of joint research and innovation projects by teams of researchers from both countries to take care of the needs of the populations.
- A total amount of US $ 120,000 (including all project costs) is available to fund this appeal.
- Two (02) projects, one for each of the two above mentioned fields, will be retained at the end of the Call for a maximum amount of 50 000 USD per project, for a duration of one (01) year.
- The balance of USD 20,000 will contribute towards project supervision and evaluation by PASRES and UNCST.
The funds received will be intended for:
- 70% for direct costs of research activities;
- 30% maximum for consumables.
Areas of Cooperation
As part of this call, joint research proposals may be submitted in the fields of Environment, Human Health, Social Sciences and Human Sciences with the following themes:
- Environment and Human Health Domain:
- Resilience of populations to the effects of climate change on health
- Agriculture and Plant Health Domain:
- Diseases of food and cash crops, livestock and fisheries
- The research partnership must involve researchers from both countries (one from Côte d’Ivoire and the other from Uganda) with two principal investigators (PIs).
- Both PIs must present a joint project and be researchers in the field of Health, the Agriculture or related fields. They must be affiliated with a research organization or an officially recognized University, Ministry or Institution (Public) dealing with scientific research officially recognized by the Ivory Coast or Uganda. P
- Proposals must be submitted in conjunction with the formal approval (letter of agreement) of the NP parent institutions. Candidates from each country must find their own partners in the other country.
How to Apply
The joint proposal should be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visitCall for Joint Research Projects.