In the frame of the multi-county project ” Strengthening access to protection, participation and services for women refugees, Internally Displaced People (IDPs) and women in the host communities”, funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the EU “MADAD” Fund, EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) in partnership with its partners in Iraq Women Empowerment Organizations (WEO) and Baghdad Women’s Association (BWA) are inviting local organizations to submit their proposals on Gender Equality and Social and Legal Change in their communities.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to bridge the gap between international women’s rights standards stated in CEDAW and UNSCR resolutions and local needs and to contribute to ending of sexual violence and changing discriminative for women legislation as a step towards gender equality. The CBOs will be empowered with knowledge and skills on international instruments that promote universal gender equality values and on bringing these to the local needs, which is a precondition for strengthening women´s self-confidence and therefore capacity to be active agents for change.
The specific objective is to address on local level issues related to gender equality, SGBV, SRR and gender-based discrimination in law, raise awareness and advocate for social and legal change.
The expected results of the projects:
- Improved coordination and community dialogue among individuals, CBOs and SDCs.
- Empowerment of women and girls in the local communities.
- Awareness-raising of Syrian women refugees on their rights.
- Tension among host community and Syrian refugees reduced.
- Underlying causes of gender-based violence addressed.
- Community-level dialogue and reconciliation promoted.
- Community-level coping mechanisms that contribute to peace-building supported.
- Support mechanisms to the services and activities of the governmental and CSOs centres dealing with GBV trauma at individual and community level designed.
Any fund requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between EUR 2,000 and EUR 10,000.
In order to be eligible for the fund, the applicant must:
- Be a registered CBO or initiative.
- Have potential and intend to organize in the long run.
- Should be a non-for-profit organization.
- Should be a non-governmental organization.
- Manifest commitment to women’s rights.
- Have clear goals and vision towards social change.
- Active involvement in the response to the Syrian crisis.
- Capacity to reach out and engage the local community.
- Have the potential for development and will for change.
How to Apply
Applicants must send an electronic format of the concept note, detailed budget and indicative action plan in separate files via e-mail at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Iraq
For more information, please visit http://www.efi-ife.org/call-proposals-iraq