Cameroon Funding for Small Development Projects
The Embassy of Japan in Yaounde is seeking applications for the Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP).
The Embassy of Japan provides a non-refundable financial assistance named Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP) to organized groups in order to help them carry out projects at grassroots level. Founded in 1993, this grant has contributed to the development and improvement of the livelihoods of less privileged people.
The maximum amount of the grant is about 50,000,000 FCFA for each project.
- Project for construction, rehabilitation, equipment
- Projects for Socio-economic development, in Education (schools), Health (hospitals),
- professional training (vocational training centres), transport (small bridges), Water (wells, water supply), economic (small industry for local income), agriculture (strage magazine)
- Projects for improvement of livelihoods at grassroots level
- Projects in favor of the less privileged
- Projects that can be implemented within 12 months maximumEligibility Criteria
- Local and International NGOs
- Professional, health, or educational training centers
- CIGs (Common Initiative Groups), CBOs (Community Based Organizations) and local development committees
- Educational or health institutes
- Local authoritiesNB: Non-profit organizations are eligible except central governments or UN organizations.
Apply by 31st March.